Amazing! Husband refuses to let his wife wear a helmet to ride pillion.

rickj

Former ST1300 Rider. FJR now.
Bike
2012 BMW R1200 GSA
STOC #
Not exactly why I'm posting this, but you may find this as amazing as I do.

I was speaking to a relative of my wife a few days ago who lives outside of California, and asked her if she's been riding pillion with her husband. She told me that she was, but that her husband would not let her ride with him if she wore her helmet! She had to either ride helmetless or not ride at all. I strongly suggested to her that she NOT ride without a helmet and other proper gear.

There's obviously a lot of ongoing debate about being forced by the state to wear helmets, and I don't want top open that debate. However, this is the first time I had heard of a husband refusing to let his wife wear protective gear when she wanted to! He's clearly one of these guys that is in to the image or riding more than the ride itself. Obviously, he's not wearing any other protective gear.

Man, I hope she thinks about my advice before getting on the back of his bike again.

Rick

Gene

That's MR CUPCAKE to you!
STOC #
What do you call a guy like that ??? My Ex ? I will never understand some things in this life .

Bike
Honda ST 1300
Maybe he took out a new life insurance policy on her?... just kidding.

I don't understand anyone not wearing a helmet in this day and age with all the morons out there on the road...

Bike
1998 CB750
STOC #
This clown is a self centered, inconsiderate ***hole. How any man could care so little about his wife is beyond me. I've been divorced for 3 years, but if my ex wanted to ride on the back of my bike she'd be in full gear, simply because I care enough, and wouldn't want to be responsible for injuring another human being. She ought to cut this jerk off until he wises up. :mad:

OP
OP
rickj

rickj

Former ST1300 Rider. FJR now.
Bike
2012 BMW R1200 GSA
STOC #
Does he wear one? I assume he doesn't but you shouldn't assume things. Maybe he has other intentions...
Absolutely not! I think he's worried about the deterioration of his image if his wife on the back has a helmet. Very "uncool".

She also told me that a bee got up his shorts while he was riding and stung him last week!

Rick

Bike
st1300 '04
STOC #
I'd call it stupid and uncaring. :(
...and a few other things that would get deleted.

2005RedRider

Still ridin'
Bike
2014 Harley FLHTCU
Absolutely not! I think he's worried about the deterioration of his image if his wife on the back has a helmet. Very "uncool".

She also told me that a bee got up his shorts while he was riding and stung him last week!

Rick
Maybe that bee up his shorts was no accident. Maybe it was a hint.

Dale :D

rjs987

Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
2022 Kymco AK 550
2024 Miles
STOC #

Rick
May the rest of the hive find that place up his shorts the next ride!

Morons are not restricted to just 4 wheels, unfortunately. There are plenty who ride as many as 18 and as few as 2. I just finished dodging at least a half dozen on the 13 miles on my way home from work just this evening! :mad:
They have no care for the safety of anyone including themselves and always put everyone, including themselves, in harms way.

Pardon the rant here :shout1: but morons on the road make any ride, cage or 2 wheeled, unpleasant.

wjbertrand

Ventura Highway
being told not to wear one is no better than being told to wear one. In the end it should be an individual decision.

TwoBrittanys

aka itsbent
Bike
'04 ST1300ABS
Unfortunately this is a man that short of his spouse's horrible death will not be convinced. And I'm not even sure That would even turn on the lightbulb. His motive, IMHO, is for her NOT to ride along so he can swill beer and chase panties.
Posted via Mobile Device

She probably needs to "throw away the motorcycle keys" when she throws away her helmet. Then, when he finally gets some more keys, she buys another MORE expensive helmet. When he gives her grief again about the helmet, throw away the keys with the helmet..........and so on until the meat head gets the message or get tired of buying new helmets.

What a meat stick!!!

Bike
2007 ST
I guess that some riders think that not wearing a helmut is an expression of freedom

why not allow wifie a little freedom

Bike
06 ST1300
STOC #
She should really hit him in the pocket book..............take the MSF Course, buy her own bike and full gear or what ever amount gear she wants to wear. Then when he refuses to let her tag along.....................go her own way and let him go his.

Mountain Mike

I frequent the IBA Motel
Bike
ST1300
STOC #
Honestly there has to be some Harley sanctioned helmet decals that make her look pirate enough to ride with a helmet, right?

Edit: Scratch everything, Stinger has it dead-on! Ride your own, your own way. =-D

Top Bottom