Another Concern When Riding Darkside

Rineyville, KY (summer) Hernando Beach, FL (winter
I was riding in a parking lot the other day and as I started to turn, the front wheel slid to the side and the bike felt like it was going to low-side for a second. There was a light coating of sand on the asphalt. I wonder if the added pressure on the handlebars and therefore the added pressure on the front tire that is necessary to initiate a turn with a CT on the back, caused the front tire to loose traction? I don't think I would have noticed the slipping if I was running a MT.

Nevertheless, I will be more careful in the future.

Tom Mac 04a

Site Supporter
Bike
04 ST1300a
STOC #
I wonder if the added pressure on the handlebars and therefore the added pressure on the front tire that is necessary to initiate a turn with a CT on the back
Possible with the bigger contact area, But... the front tire can still slide out on sand with a mc tire. I've had the front slide on sand, tranny fluid, tar snakes, etc. It's just the nature of the 2 wheel beast.

Gene

That's MR CUPCAKE to you!
STOC #
I have a 020F take off with less than 1500miles I'll send you and you can send me your Hankook, pm me the address and we can make the swap.

Bike
2016 Versys 1000
STOC #
I doubt very much if the CT had anything to do with the slipping, and in fact, may have been worse with MC tire in that slow-speed situation. I have never experienced any negative effects such as the rear CT "pushing" the front, any abnormal wear or cupping or whatever. At slow speed you do have to be mindful of uneven pavement, potholes, slopes, etc. but once you adjust to those characteristics, you're fine.

OP
OP
Yaesu
Rineyville, KY (summer) Hernando Beach, FL (winter
No thanks, I'm very happy with the Hankook. However, I thought the front tire slide easier than it would have with a MC on the back. Perhaps it was my imagination. I do not like the OEM front tire, because even when new, the thread depth was less than other front tires and much less than the BT-45 that I will be using when this one is worn out.

Top Bottom