Another Dark Side Tire to think about

Northern Dancer

Northern-Dancer
Bike
ST1300PA Police

Attachments

Bike
2006 ST1300
Looks like a good tread design for darkside use. The deciding factors will be whether it fits the swingarm; and how it handles once mounted.

Jim

OP
OP
Northern Dancer

Northern Dancer

Northern-Dancer
Bike
ST1300PA Police
This another good Candidate for someone to try -- See Attachment for Pictures and Link to purchase one for $128 even -- I have (2) Hankook Tires in hand I need to wear out before I can test this Tire next.

Yokohama AVID ENVigor
205/50R17XL 93V BSW

The ideal blend of all-season performance, ultra-low rolling resistance, smooth comfort and long Tread life.

Confident All-Season Performance
• UNIBLOC SHOULDER & TAPERED CENTER RIB provide enhanced stiffness for improved handling on wet and dry roads.
• ANGLED GROOVE WALLS & ADAPTIVE 3D SIPES help resist hydroplaning and maintain winter and water traction over the life of the tire.

Long Treadlife
• OPTIMIZED CONTACT PATCH maximizes road contact for long, even wear while minimizing rolling resistance by reducing the friction of the cap compound.
• GROOVE-IN-GROOVE TECHNOLOGY creates tiny slits inside groove walls to help distribute stress loads to reduce uneven wear and enhance stiffness.

Excellent Fuel Efficiency
• ALL-NEW SILICA COMPOUND delivers ultra-low rolling resistance for increased fuel efficiency, without sacrificing treadlife, comfort or grip on dry, wet or snow-covered roads.

Enhanced Comfort
• SIX PITCH TREAD VARIATION separates the tread blocks into six size and shape variations, which are strategically staggered around the tire to reduce pattern noise.
• UNIQUE, ALL-NEW PROFILE is engineered to deliver a smooth, comfortable ride.

Attachments

Last edited:
Bike
2016 Versys 1000
STOC #
Not sure if the Altimax will fit as the section width and tread width are similar to the Michelin Exalto. However, the Yoko is smaller and might be the better choice. The FJR guys have used them, but hopefully better tread wear than the Hankooks. Tread wear rating is 560 vs. Hankook's 280 vs. Exalto's 400...... Exalto will go 30k if that's any indication. I say go for the Yoko, somebody has to see if it fits, and it looks like it will.

Top Bottom