Another FortNine post... Grip (not what you think)

Bike
2010 ST1300
As he said, twisting the throttle when leaned way over becomes a forearm twist - in part because clip-on's are so short and close to the steering axis.

GGely

Site Supporter
Bike
2001 ST1100 Non ABS
STOC #
I went for a good ride Saturday evening with a buddy after we both watched this video. We both used the technique for the entire 4 hour (total) ride.

My buddy says he felt more relaxed and confident, especially in the turns.

I took a while to get used to the feel of the ST1100 in the turns because it did change how I connected with the bike, all for the better.

What I really noticed was that the arthritis in my hands wasn’t aggravated during the ride, especially my throttle hand.

I’m a fan for sure.

Tor

Making Life A Ride
Site Supporter
Bike
R1200 GSA / S1000XR
Always learned to support the torso with your muscles and direct the ST with like "only two fingers on the bar"...
One of the most common errors riders are guilty of is "leaning" on the handlebars. When you do this, particularly in corners, you loose much of the feel and feedback the front is giving you, and your corner might not feel as smooth as you'd like. It also upsets the bike, if you "move around" in the seat using arms to help you move. Some riders have a nasty habit of relying on the handlebar for "support" when moving in the seat (preparing for a corner, and coming back out of a corner). Use your core, your thigh muscles, and foot position on your pegs to move. You'll have more stable and consistent lines in the corners, and you'll get a better sense of the feedback the bike is giving you.

finleysw

R.I.P. - 2024/03/29
Rest In Peace
Bike
2013 Yamaha FJR1300
STOC #
Larry.
Not sure why you attached a picture of a 1100 kickstand, but to my eye this particular one may be attached to a moderately/severely worn pivot point..
Stuart

Bike
'01 & '96 ST1100s
STOC #
Not sure why you attached a picture of a 1100 kickstand, but to my eye this particular one may be attached to a moderately/severely worn pivot point..
Adding that was an accident, but yes, my present stand is that bent, it's not the pivot. I have a straight replacement.

Top Bottom