Another home made GPS mount...Help!

Bike
2009 ST1300
STOC #
I am making my own gps mount for my garmin 265wt. I made a bracket out of Aluminum stock, that uses the clutch perch bolt. The ram ball that came with a Heli bar riser is much bigger than the ball on the nuvi. Is there another cradle or ball I can get to make it work?

Just in case you're willing to entertain the idea of a different location for your GPS, check out the simple aluminum mount I made for my Garmin Oregon GPS. There's a picture of it in my "Farkles" album. It mounts to the bottom of the dash. I did this to position it so that my peripheral vision can still keep track of things on the road when I glance at the GPS.

Just in case you're willing to entertain the idea of a different location for your GPS, check out the simple aluminum mount I made for my Garmin Oregon GPS. There's a picture of it in my "Farkles" album. It mounts to the bottom of the dash. I did this to position it so that my peripheral vision can still keep track of things on the road when I glance at the GPS.
Thanks but not wanting to drill holes in Big Red. Wanting to use existing holes and bolts.

I am making my own gps mount for my garmin 265wt. I made a bracket out of Aluminum stock, that uses the clutch perch bolt. The ram ball that came with a Heli bar riser is much bigger than the ball on the nuvi. Is there another cradle or ball I can get to make it work?

RAM makes a cradle for Garmin GPS. Check out their web site: http://www.rammount.com/

Is there another cradle or ball I can get to make it work?

Don't think ram makes a ball for the Garmin, but they do make a snap on cradle that you attach their ball to and then it fits all the ram mounts.

Or you can use the disc they give you and put that ( the tape will hold fine if the clutch cover is clean with alcohol ) the clutch top and then just use the sucket mount they supplied....add a safety tether for cya and good to go.

Been using the suction mount for a few yrs now and it came loose once ( very cool morning applied, got hot later.. think the air expanded )

Well I found another suction mount from a friend and cut it up. When you take the suction assy out, it has a hole in the bottom. I then epoxyed a stud into the botom hole. Drilled a hole into my aluminium bracket,painted it and bolted them together. I went to Lowes and got some 1/2 inch nylon spacers, drilled holes to fit the clutch perch and mounted it up. As you can see from the pics, the only thing that is obstructed from view is the clutch master cylinder. The only money I spent was $13 dollars for the aluminium and nylon spacers. Had to buy 3 feet for 4 inches. Yes it was $13 dollars, no it wouldn't have been $11 dollars if my ST was pre 2003. I didn't have to drill or modify Big Red in any way. I did have to find 2 bolts 3/4 inch longer for the perch. What do ya think?

Attachments

• GPS Mount 009.jpg
    GPS Mount 009.jpg
    233.9 KB · Views: 55
  • GPS Mount 010.jpg
    GPS Mount 010.jpg
    470.9 KB · Views: 23
  • GPS Mount 012.jpg
    GPS Mount 012.jpg
    376.5 KB · Views: 18
  • GPS Mount 011.jpg
    GPS Mount 011.jpg