Another taste of Newfoundland

Bike
ST1300A '05
STOC #
This is the start of a 4-5 part series (still editing) on my last camping trip with the ST1300 hauling my MiniMate. A little bit of a tease for those thinking of coming to Rolling ROCKSToc. Featuring the Bay of Islands and Gros Morne National Park. Green Point Campground is one of the campgrounds on the planned route.

Sidekick

Save Ukraine Stop War!
Bike
ST1300A '05
STOC #
This is the start of a 4-5 part series (still editing) on my last camping trip with the ST1300 hauling my MiniMate. A little bit of a tease for those thinking of coming to Rolling ROCKSToc. Featuring the Bay of Islands and Gros Morne National Park. Green Point Campground is one of the campgrounds on the planned route.
Wow, what a beautiful scenery, really enjoyed it.
Your video setup is great. It provides a perfect angle on the landscape and I also like the editing.
Before watching your video I wouldn't had thought of riding in Newfoundland in October.
I jumped on google maps after watching, definitively in my bucket list for the next season.
Thank you!
Jacques

OP
OP
Jim C-G
Bike
ST1300A '05
STOC #
Wow, what a beautiful scenery, really enjoyed it.
Your video setup is great. It provides a perfect angle on the landscape and I also like the editing.
Before watching your video I wouldn't had thought of riding in Newfoundland in October.
I jumped on google maps after watching, definitively in my bucket list for the next season.
Thank you!
Jacques
Well Jacques, you should look at coming to the island next summer for Rolling ROCKSToc. July 18-30. Much more consistent weather than October. Enviroment Canada predicted 4 dry days in a row so I just had to get out.

Sidekick

Save Ukraine Stop War!
Bike
ST1300A '05
STOC #
Well Jacques, you should look at coming to the island next summer for Rolling ROCKSToc. July 18-30. Much more consistent weather than October. Enviroment Canada predicted 4 dry days in a row so I just had to get out.
I am very tempted and to be honest, I already spent sometime last night reading your ROCKSToc threads and exploring the perspectives and options.
Last September, I went to Lake Saint-Jean and to the Gaspesie National Park and it was a very sweet ride.
As a French guy living in the US, I feel being at home in Quebec!
The thing is that I have never been to any STOC and it would be a first for me.
So yes, I am looking at ROCKSToc and thank you for making that so attractive.
Jacques

OP
OP
Jim C-G
Bike
ST1300A '05
STOC #
I am really looking forward to the next episode Jim!

Pete
I'm looking forward to it too, lol... editing a bit every day.

The thing is that I have never been to any STOC and it would be a first for me.
So yes, I am looking at ROCKSToc and thank you for making that so attractive.
I've only been to a couple myself... so in uncharted waters but it will be a loose guided ride thru most of Newfoundland with camping and motel/cabin options. Researching all that now and hope to have a fairly comprehensive route and options by Christmas.

kiltman

Site Supporter
Bike
2002,ST1100ABS
STOC #
Ah, one campground with trees. ;)
yes I have a backup plan if I can’t hang my hammock……. I will be self sufficient.
thanks for the video.

OP
OP
Jim C-G
Bike
ST1300A '05
STOC #
Jim, I enjoyed the ride-along. Looking forward to more.
That's great. There will be at least one a week for the next 3-4 weeks. Slow at getting the editing done.
Ah, one campground with trees.
The next one doesn't. Most of the campgrounds do have trees, just not very substantial and with a lot of undergrowth. I am sure you can get a hammock up in a few places though.

Top Bottom