Another Uncle Phil Medical Adventure

Reginald

cyclepoke
Bike
ST1300
STOC #
Ouch! I was about to write some smarty pants thing but thought how painful that looked and decided to wish you well. So, get well soon and I hope the pain bearable.

Nashcat

Site Supporter
Bike
2015 Versys 1000LT
STOC #
UP, I'm glad you're home. Now, for the big question.....How long til you ride?

John

Bike
2012 honda ST1300
STOC #
That is going to leave a mark. You can make up some good stories on how you got that scar. Scars look better the older you get unlike like a tattoo.

Bike
Suzuki Gladius
Now that is an impressive scar, UP! Glad you're home...one always heals better in one's own bed. Bear hugs and best wishes to you, my friend.

Patty

Bike
03 st 1300
Hi Phil, I was trying to get to the end of all the posts to say great news, your done with surgery and ok, then I got to the posts about the scar, and had to back up and search for picture of leg. Found it! I'm glad it's over and your good. Take care and won't be long and you will be 100 percent. Be good!

SmashVol

Site Supporter
Bike
2015 FJR1300 ES
WoW! that is a scar and might put you out of the best legs contest for a bit. Glad you are home and like John said, how long till you saddle up?!

rulbe

Site Supporter
Bike
Africa Twin AS
STOC #
Phil
Glad you are home and things are getting better! Good luck with the swelling, remember ice is your friend which I am sure you already know!

OP
OP
Uncle Phil

Uncle Phil

Site Supporter
In The Holler West Of Nashville, Tennessee
Bike
4 ST1100(s)
2024 Miles
STOC #
Well, needless to say, the left leg does not quite bend well yet. But the biggest deal is they have my blood at about the consistency of rubbing alcohol so a pin prick bleeds profusely. If I hit my head, I'm supposed to go straight to the emergency room to check for internal bleeding. So I'm probably out of the saddle for a little while as they fiddle with my chemicals to get it sorted to the right 'level'. If they'd just put in some full synthetic, I'm sure I'd be fine ... :D

Bike
'83 BMW R100RS
STOC #
Well, needless to say, the left leg does not quite bend well yet. But the biggest deal is they have my blood at about the consistency of rubbing alcohol so a pin prick bleeds profusely. If I hit my head, I'm supposed to go straight to the emergency room to check for internal bleeding. So I'm probably out of the saddle for a little while as they fiddle with my chemicals to get it sorted to the right 'level'. If they'd just put in some full synthetic, I'm sure I'd be fine ... :D
OK - so nix the block heater and instead toss in a couple of cans of STP to thicken things up a bit.

You'll get there UP and we'll all be waiting for you.

Cheers,

Pete

OP
OP
Uncle Phil

Uncle Phil

Site Supporter
In The Holler West Of Nashville, Tennessee
Bike
4 ST1100(s)
2024 Miles
STOC #
Well, I got the staples out today. The lower ones were okay but as they got closer to the knee it was a bit exciting.

The nurse said 'I must not be hurting, you're not hollering.'

My response - 'Only because I'm gritting my teeth ....' ;-)

Still a lot of swelling in the lower ankle and foot, but at least I can see my knee cap now! :D

SupraSabre

48 Years of SoCal Lane Splitting/Commuting-Retired
Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
Well, I got the staples out today. The lower ones were okay but as they got closer to the knee it was a bit exciting.

The nurse said 'I must not be hurting, you're not hollering.'

My response - 'Only because I'm gritting my teeth ....' ;-)

Still a lot of swelling in the lower ankle and foot, but at least I can see my knee cap now! :D
Just be careful when gritting your teeth, or you'll be spending time at the dentists!

Glad to hear you're doing well!

Mark

Gotta make tracks
Bike
KTM 525exc
STOC #
Something about "elevate that leg" comes to mind!

Glad to hear you're progressing UP.

Prayers,
Mark

OhiaBoy

R.I.P. - 2017/06/09
Rest In Peace
Bike
91 ST1100
STOC #
Glad to hear you are continuing to heal up. You'll be tiptoeing through the tulips in no time! :run1:

Top Bottom