Answer to my Bluetooth worries.

Bike
'10 ST1300
STOC #
I installed an Autocomm set on my '05 and was using a Motorola phone that did not have bluetooth capability so the interface with the Autocomm was via the sub-mini headset connector. This was working just fine. But then I upgraded my phone to a Razr and bang, no head phone jack on the phone. Autocomm does have an interface cable that has the mini-usb connector that would work for the Razr but for like $50.00 :eek: For a cable!!! Well this did not appeal to me but what choice do I have? Oh yea Autocomm also has a new bluetooth interface... 2 parts totaling like $350.00 :eek:

Well friends I have found the answer to my bluetooth needs. The Motorola HF820 Bluetooth Handsfree Device. http://id.motorola.com/pcs/bluetooth/features.asp?categoryID=0&itemID=HF820
I found it for $41.00 shipped.

It is a bluetooth speakerphone that has a sub-mini headset plug so it will use the same cable I had with my previous cell phone and will sit on the bike in place of my previous cell. It connects via bluetooth with my new Razr. So far it has worked flawlessly. It is the same as an bluetooth earpiece in that I have to take it off the bike to charge it every couple days or so depending on how much talking I do. Just thought I'd share my findings.

( I am not a Motorola employee and do not gain from the sell of any Motorola products)

Greg

Blrfl

Natural Rider Enhancement
Bike
Fast Blue One
STOC #
My RAZRs came with 3" adapter cables that work fine.

EDITED: Had link to wrong adapter.

The Motorola part number is SYN1505A. Dirt cheap on FleaBay.

--Mark

Last edited:

TPadden

Tom Padden
I installed an Autocomm set on my '05 and was using a Motorola phone that did not have bluetooth capability so the interface with the Autocomm was via the sub-mini headset connector. This was working just fine. But then I upgraded my phone to a Razr and bang, no head phone jack on the phone. . ....but what choice do I have? ( I am not a Motorola employee and do not gain from the sell of any Motorola products)
Greg
Greg,

Why not just switch the sim card from the new phone to the old one when you wanted to use the Autocomm and put it back in the new one otherwise. I switch sims between phones all the times with no problems. Wouldn't have cost you anything!

Tom ( I am not an employee of anybody!)

Last edited:
Bike
ST1300A
STOC #
Thanks Greg, I just upgraded to that same phone and was wondering what kind of setup I would need and could afford. This sounds like the way I will go. One question where did you purchase yours?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Txrebel
Bike
'10 ST1300
STOC #
Tom,
Hard to switch the sim card when the original phone is gone. Dead.

Mark,
Your phone came with adapters? Well heck. That would work too.

Blrfl

Natural Rider Enhancement
Bike
Fast Blue One
STOC #
Link above corrected. You can get the cables for about $4 on eBay.

--Mark

ThreeWheels

I'm an Engineer, not a Doctor
Bike
2010Spyder RT-S
STOC #
I'm interested in connecting this to my MIT also.
I'm not sure how it works. I need something to receive the bluetooth signal from my palm treo 700P and connect to the 2.5 mm jack on the MIT.
This seems to be a speakerphone for use instead of the MIT. Am I mistaken ?

ThreeWheels

I'm an Engineer, not a Doctor
Bike
2010Spyder RT-S
STOC #
Matt.
Please post or PM if it works out for you.
If it does, I'll probably get the same.
Thanks

OP
OP
Txrebel
Bike
'10 ST1300
STOC #
Matt is correct in how this works. The HF820 is a bluetooth speaker phone by design, but it has a headset jack to connect a 'standard' corded headset into if you wanted to go private instead of speakerphone. Use this jack to connect to the bike intercom so the speakerphone part of the device is rarely used. An example of when I do ues the speakerphone on the bike... I have the phone connected to the HF820 via bluetooth link, I have turned the bike off thus turned off the intercom on the bike, I can unplug the cable from the HF820 and it becomes a speaker phone. This has been a rare use though.

Top Bottom