970mike

Mike Brown
Site Supporter
Bike
07 & 12 ST1300A
SPOT
LINK
STOC #
Just wanted everyone to know that this is another option that is out there. I have been looking to install a larger battery on the ST for some time now and I was looking at the Odyssey battery where you have to make several modifications and buy the police parts to hold the battery. So in my hunt for a better one I found this Lithium Battery that fits prefect with the only small modification of removing the factory hold down. The battery fits snug and is not going anywhere.

This Battery is made in the USA and delivers 720CA's it is amazing how fast the ST turns over now as my original battery was starting to get weak. Here is a picture of it.

Just wanted to share this with others.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Papa

R.I.P. - 2020/02/10
Rest In Peace
Bike
Blue Breeze
STOC #
I guess i was fooled by the hobby shop into buying a "special" charger for my Li-Po batteries. :mad:

ST1100Y

Site Supporter
Bike
ST1100Y, ST1100R
STOC #
This Battery is made in the USA and delivers 720CA's...
Any info/data on its self-discharge, like when the vehicle is parked/in storage for some time?
Would it survive any deep discharge incidents, and what's the expected lifespan of those cells?

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
What is the CCA rating for the Shorai and Scorpion fitments? I was looking at trying to fit a bigger Yuasa battery into the ST and the replacement's CCA rating is mere fraction of that Anti-Gravity.

That may be because of the convoluted "equivalent" CCA conversion. But I'd like to have a battery with a higher AH rating. Working on my ST with the lights on and off a few times left me with a battery that wouldn't start the bike the next morning.

Fortunately, the bike is at the top of a fairly steep hill. More fortunately it started on the way down.

wjbertrand

Ventura Highway
Looks great, but won't work in the cold.... good for you guys down south.
Not sure where "cold" is defined, but on a recent trip a couple of weeks ago we stopped at Kremmling CO for the night. Next morning it was 39F when I started my bike. The LiFePO4 Scoprpion battery cranked over just as vigorously as at higher temperatures. I don't know how cold a temperature you all might be starting your bikes at (not to be confused with riding temperatures) but 39 F seems plenty low enough for me. I've have found that the big twin in my Super Tenere is more challenging to crank than my ST1300 was.

OP
OP
970mike

970mike

Mike Brown
Site Supporter
Bike
07 & 12 ST1300A
SPOT
LINK
STOC #
Not sure where "cold" is defined, but on a recent trip a couple of weeks ago we stopped at Kremmling CO for the night. Next morning it was 39F when I started my bike. The LiFePO4 Scoprpion battery cranked over just as vigorously as at higher temperatures. I don't know how cold a temperature you all might be starting your bikes at (not to be confused with riding temperatures) but 39 F seems plenty low enough for me. I've have found that the big twin in my Super Tenere is more challenging to crank than my ST1300 was.
I have been down to 21 with no problems starting.

Bike
2010 ST1300
My Shorai does not like it around 40 deg F. I have to turn the ignition on for 15 to 30 seconds, then she kicks over smartly.

OP
OP
970mike

970mike

Mike Brown
Site Supporter
Bike
07 & 12 ST1300A
SPOT
LINK
STOC #
ANTIGRAVITY BATTERIES >>>
LABOR DAY SALE!
15% OFF Micro-Start Jump-Starters
LD15 coupon
Use LD15 coupon for 15% Off MICRO-STARTS
15% OFF Power Stations & Solar Panels
LD15 coupon
Use LD15 coupon for 15% Off NEW Power Stations & Solar Panels
15% OFF Bike/Powersport Batteries
LD15 coupon
Use LD15 coupon for 15% Off Lithium Motorcycle/Powersports Batteries
15% OFF Automotive Batteries
LD15 coupon
Use LD15 coupon for 15% Off Lithium Automotive Batteries
Coupons apply to full price items* (cannot combine with other offers), SEPT 4-7
*excludes Optimate and CTEK items
Check our SUPER SALES for Closeouts up to 40% OFF!
Antigravity Batteries on FacebookInstagram
Antigravity Batteries LLC
Unsubscribe
This message was sent to mikebrown970@msn.com from info@antigravitybatteries.com

Antigravity Batteries
Antigravity
15622 Broadway Center Street
Gardena, California 90248

OP
OP
970mike

970mike

Mike Brown
Site Supporter
Bike
07 & 12 ST1300A
SPOT
LINK
STOC #

Erdoc48

Site Supporter
Bike
94/00/04 STs, FSC600
I have one on the 2000 ST- when my gray bike (the 94) battery failed, my Deltran LiFePO4 was 8 years old and I was getting paranoid it would fail in the near future, so I got the Antigravity batt with the button on top to power it up if it was dead. I have an AGM on the 94

I have a 2004 ST and I am on my second battery, it seems that some motor vehicles go through batteries than others. I have not gone through the testing to figure out why, I have done the testing for diode fail, over charging, under charging, parasitic drain and all of the system checks I can think of except for monitoring vibration, which I believe is the biggest reason for motorcycle battery failure.
It seems like that has gone to the past, ST doesn't seem to eat batteries like some. I recently changed the battery out of my 2001 ZRX- it was 14 years old, I had a 2000 ZRX with 35000 miles on it when it left with the OEM battery. Seems the new battery design and the bikes not being as hard on them is working.
What kind of battery life are the rest of you getting?

Top Bottom