Any experience with the honeycomb gel on seats?

I did a modification on my driver seat by inserting a 2mm piece of silicone gel on it. ( t-owners.com/forums/threads/lowering-the-st1300.168972/#post-2166206 )
It is more comfortable on long rides than the original rubber foam, but when the bike is park under the sun for a while it retains the heat for a long time.
I'm wondering if somebody has any experience with this honeycomb gel. ( https://www.ebay.com/itm/363504459462?var=632725781844 )
Any "helping " opinion will be appreciated.
P.B.

I don't have experience with gel in a motorcycle seat. I do have a gel pad in my car though, when the sun is on it for an hour or two the pad get's really hot and retains that heat for a long time like you mentioned. I try to remember to put the pad in a shaded area but I forget at times, I'm unable to sit on it when it gets that hot.

I'd suggest finding a light colored seat cover you can throw over it when you park it to keep the direct sun off of it.

How about carrying a cheap white towel in your side or top case? Drape it over the seat when you park the bike. A cheap rubber bungee will hold it in place if its windy. I carry one to wipe the windshield, etc.

Not a fan of gel..... the real issue is nothing can fix your seat but reshaping it to fit the human butt shape if you want long term comfort.

I already had LAAM seats on my ST but my Aero 750 needed something because of it's V-twin , ground-pounder . but I didn't want to spend much on the Aero . : I hogged out the original foam except for the edge radius , put in a 1" gel insert with a 1" memory foam layer on top of that , then a 1/4" layer foam over the whole seat & re-attached the OEM cover again . Looks the same but easier on the butt !

I used 5/8 gel insert and used a smoothing foam that covers the whole seat(helps hide the lines). It gets hot in the sun ( any black seat will) but I think the foam helps protect the gel from the heat

I did a modification on my driver seat by inserting a 2mm piece of silicone gel on it. ( t-owners.com/forums/threads/lowering-the-st1300.168972/#post-2166206 )
It is more comfortable on long rides than the original rubber foam, but when the bike is park under the sun for a while it retains the heat for a long time.
I'm wondering if somebody has any experience with this honeycomb gel. ( https://www.ebay.com/itm/363504459462?var=632725781844 )
Any "helping " opinion will be appreciated.
P.B.
I too tried the 20mm thick gel, but on my NC700x. Never really noticed it being that hot, but then again, I never had it in the sun long.
I’m anxious to hear your results if you use the honeycomb style pad. I think that is similar to what Spencer used in his “Spencerized” seats, but he ( IIRC) used the more expensive Supracor material. My ST has the Spencerized seats, and they are an improvement over stock. Not huge, but definitely better.

Back
Top Bottom