Anyone have or know about the Murphs' CCS100 Cruise Control?

Bike
ST1300
I found a website that claims it is selling a clone of the original Audiovox vacuum cruise control. Their site says "We are pleased to announce that we now offer a clone of the long selling Audiovox CCS100 cruise control. These units are produced for us by the original manufacturer of the Audiovox unit." Has anyone have any experience with this unit from these guys? Here is their website; http://www.murphskits.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=422/[Link]. Looking for a cruise control for my ST1300. I see the Audiovox on eBay and Amazon, so I am curious as to why the same manufacture is selling the exact "clone" to Murphs'? Any insight is appreciated. Thanks!

sirepair

Let's RIDE!
Site Supporter
Bike
2003 ST1100P
STOC #
Audiovox discontinued the CCS100 a couple years ago, so if you are finding them online they are probably NOS. I have not had any interaction with Murphskits, but have read of others buying switches and such from them. Not sure about the CCS but I would give them a shot (if I didn't already have a CCS installed)

sherob

Old Herder of cats.
Bike
21 HD FLHXS (SGS)
STOC #
Murph is a stand up guy, been dealing with the Connie community for years. If he says it works, it works... and if it doesn't, he'll make it right. ;)

Bike
2005 BMW RT
Bought a CC-100 when they were available online and I bought another CC-100 from Murph. They are not a clone. The kit from Murph is the same as the earlier one.

Bike
2006 ST1300
STOC #
Murph's a great guy to deal with, He owns the rights to the CC-100, It isn't a clone but the real thing, I've bought two from him, no issues or problems.
Stew

OP
OP
GLCSTL
Bike
ST1300
Thank you everyone for the clarification with this. I will probably go with ordering one through Murphs, kit this winter sometime for my ST.

Bike
st1300 '04
STOC #
I'm getting confused about the definition of a clone ........ :nuts1:
clone= exact duplicate. not to be confused with knock off or cheap approximation..
same stuff from the same oem that made them for audiovox.

A lot of folks here use them.

Bike
08 st300abs
]Just want to double check on this. I need the kit and the vacuum canister.

Anything else?

Thanks!

Bike
ST1100 & ST1300
STOC #
]Just want to double check on this. I need the kit and the vacuum canister.

Anything else?

Thanks!
Some don't see the need in the vac canister but I made them on the two installs that I did.

As for other things, have you looked at the directions here? I would have to think about it but there are some other things that you need. For instance you will likely need some vacuum line. You will want a check valve. I ordered the silicon control panel that he sells. If not you will need some silicon caulk. I used both to seal up my control panel. Something to fabricate up a mount for the control panel. There will be various shop supplies like zip ties, something to terminate wires. Nothing too special in the need of tools. I had everything I needed there like drill press, bench grinder, jig saw and normal hand tools.

That is a good start on the list of stuff that you will need. I might have missed something though. This is just from memory.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Bike
08 st300abs
ahhhh thanks

i knew there was something that i was forgetting. the control cover. another poorly worded post on my part. i meant things to order from murphkits. the incidentals i think i have covered thanks to the install threads on here.

Top Bottom