Anyone use a cool vest?

TPadden

Tom Padden
Bill, I have one of these.

http://www.coolvest.com/RPCM_Cooling_Vest/RPCM_Santa_Cool_Vest.aspxThe down side is it adds about an inch on both sides of you so it feels a bit bulky at first but the affect is a very nice one. I also have spare cooling packs as well. I've run it with just the front packs in and that helps cut the bulk down and it works just as good.

The evaporative stuff isn't going to work as well in the high humidity of FL.
Don't know whether Mellow is still using his cool vest but thought I'd revive this thread since I have been using the same cool vest regularly this summer.

I use only the front packs so there is always the other 2 included packs recharged. It also makes changing packs much easier, almost "on the fly" since you don't have to even take your jacket off. It's the simplest way to cool; easier than wet vests to recharge.

A sandwich/ 6 pack cooler serves as my recharger; simple, neat, and at the end of the ride still usable :beer3:

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
Don't know whether Mellow is still using his cool vest but thought I'd revive this thread since I have been using the same cool vest regularly this summer.

I use only the front packs so there is always the other 2 included packs recharged. It also makes changing packs much easier, almost "on the fly" since you don't have to even take your jacket off. It's the simplest way to cool; easier than wet vests to recharge.

A sandwich/ 6 pack cooler serves as my recharger; simple, neat, and at the end of the ride still usable :beer3:

Tom, I sold my vest/packs. I used it more for commuting to/from work on the bike during the summer. They worked great.

TPadden

Tom Padden
Tom, I sold my vest/packs. I used it more for commuting to/from work on the bike during the summer. They worked great.
Yep - I use mine more mowing on the tractor but DO break them out for trips when the forcast temp is 95+. Less than that I can handle on the bike with the moving air, on the tractor there isn't much .....:D

Bigmak96

R.I.P. - 2021/08/07
Rest In Peace
Bike
04 GL1800 Past tense
STOC #
Does anyone have a large Miracool that needs a regular. I just got one but it is a regular and I think a large would be a better fit. wana trade?

Top Bottom