Apnea Campers - CPAP Options

T_C

Bike
2005 St1300
STOC #
Where would you begin to look for something like that and if you found it what about the programming?
There is only a limited number of buttons so you figure it's gotta be a combination, just play until you find it... or you could look online for a cheat sheet. ;)

Nope they will cover only one CPAP. At least my insurance company only covers one.
Yep, but check with family, friends and co-workers. You'll find someone that had an insurance bought machine they no longer use. I know (knew) of 3 sitting in closets.

Bike
ST1100 & ST1300
STOC #
There is only a limited number of buttons so you figure it's gotta be a combination, just play until you find it... or you could look online for a cheat sheet. ;)
True but I guess what I was thinking is that they had special software on a computer and loaded a configuration onto a SD card which goes into the machine. I haven't tried reading the data on this card but even if I could get into the settings with a combination of button presses, I don't know what my "prescription" is for settings. It was kind of one of those set it and forget it things. When I got my first unit and later a replacement, they programmed it and I took it home. I just reorder supplies every few months. I do know the newer one that I have which is a few years old now. It is the ResMed S9 which has the autoset so it basically learns what I need.

T_C

Bike
2005 St1300
STOC #
Yeah, most of the SD cards are just recording your sleep hours, it's used for compliance to verify you are using the machine and they are not wasting money. Some of the higher level machines will record other data, but these aren;t the ones the med suppliers sell to most people. They get a fixed price from the insurance company regardless of how nice/fancy a machine is, they sell the cheapest no frills machine and send the same $1,200 bill to the insurance company. I can still remember the sales pitch the supplier gave me before I knew the rest of the story.

You can get your pressure settings off the old machine and transfer to the new. I just looked up that page I referenced and they have the S9 details listed.

Top Bottom