Are many of you running aftermarket exhaust

On a ST1100 is what I am wondreing about and if you are what brand. I have never seen a ST with aftermarket exhaust so not sure of what it would sound like. Does it require rejetting? If so is that something a average joe that does most of his own work could do.

Thanks.
Paul

Last edited:
Bike
2012 GL 1800
STOC #
I have Staintunes and like them. I like how they look on the bike and they save about 12 lbs. They are just a little louder then stock, but not much. The ST1300 has EFI, so no rejetting needed. Very easy to put on, Take off a few bolts, and the stock system come off, and the new one goes on. If you are looking for more power, then aftermarket pipes will not do it.

I did not plan on them, but the deal I got was to good to pass up.

Do a search, this has been talked about a lot. Also look in the photo section. You will see photos of bikes with Staintunes and Two Bros.

Bike
2007 ST1300abs
STOC #
I also have Staintunes. I agree with everything Snowmoer said. Easy on, not loud but great sound (I do have the silencer ends on mine), look very good on the ST13. I bought mine used from another forum member for a very fair price. They still look like new. I believe the exhaust headers run quite a bit cooler since I put the Staintunes on but I'm not trying to start another heat thread. No need to repack like is necessary with the Two-Brothers. Some think the TB's are too loud...I've never heard them.

Last edited:
OP
OP
pablo
Thanks guys, I should have specified the ST1100 ecspecially since most new topics are directed that direction with them being out of production now. I am looking at D and D's for a 1100 and wanted info on them. I do appreciate the responces and I should have clarified.

Editing title to reflect this now

Last edited:
i put on 2 bros, kn high flow , 61# fpr from turbo city. bike runs much better , more responce at throttle, sounds somewhat like a DUC .

Bike
2006 ST 1300
STOC #
Someone on this forum had a download demonstrating the different sounds of a stock set of mufflers and a set of after market mufflers. Anyone care to find that one and provide a link? I couldn't locate it.
Mike

Bike
2004 ST1300
STOC #
ds3187 I have sent you a PM with 2 sound clips from a 98 ST1100 with TBR cans on it.

Those cans are now on my bike and I love the sound it makes, I love the popping it makes on deceleration. Sweet! I no longer feel like I'm sitting on an angry sewing machine

STOC #
I put a set of D and D's on my 1100 and have a K&N filter. They are much louder when accelerating but when cruising they are not to bad. FF helmet and ear plugs and they still sound good, IMO. I did not have to re-jet the carbs.

Oops you mean ST 1100 pipes.................
I got GSXR 1000 pipes on mine,, 3 1/2 ponds each,, I think the other P/O took a few parts out of them......
Mike
How is your ground clearance on those? I have had two or three people that followed me through some fast twsities tell my my mufflers would drag if they were not cut like they are (stock ones).

Bike
2006 ST1300
I have run the Two Brothers and the Delkevics. I prefer the Delkevics because the TB's are loud by comparison. The cost of the Delkevics are by far less.
No jetting is necessary.
I work on and rebuild both ST11 & 13's and have done modest carb re-jetting along with removing/blocking the PAIR system. Removing the PAIR system will greatly reduce the popping from the exhaust which was annoying with the two brothers exhaust. The jetting helped with launching the bike from a stop, (the low or slow jets) and the mains were increased slightly to the Canadian spec., along with modest Air box mods. The overall package was very good with a slight increase in fuel economy and a general feeling of increased performance.
I need to add that I did a complete service on the bike with carb sync, plugs, air filter, valve adjustment etc. etc...
The gains were from all of the above and not from just exhaust or jetting or air box mods, and definitely no gain from the PAIR removal.
Personally I don't think that it is worth doing unless you do everything yourself. The design of the 1100 engine is for stability and low end power with a nice smooth and strong mid to high RPM's Power.
I lost all my notes with a computer crash but I'm sure there some of us who could gather all the info if you wanted to do all that.
Bob

On a ST1100 is what I am wondreing about and if you are what brand. I have never seen a ST with aftermarket exhaust so not sure of what it would sound like. Does it require rejetting? If so is that something a average joe that does most of his own work could do.

Thanks.
Paul

Hello,

I am running Staintunes on my ST1100. Been running them without baffles over 10 yrs now.
I have never re jetted my carbs. They do pop a little when I let off the throttle but not to bad.
Later I added a K & N filter. Did not seem to change much, but I think it does run a little richer because of the
pipes.
I do seem to have a little suet on the end of my pipes.
I love my Staintunes and to me worth every penny.
Even after running them all these years, they still look new!
I believe these things will outlast the bike! Very well built.
Was going to do the smog removal thing but never got around to it.
I was told that would help eliminate some of the popping.
Hope this helps.

S Lee
98' ST1100
03' ST4S Ducati

Top Bottom