ATGATT pictures

Throttlejockey

Padden is my hero
Bike
06 ST1300
STOC #
I saw a scary sight the other day. A guy on a GSXR with shorts, no shirt, helmet or gloves.
That's going to hurt if you hit the pavement.:eek::

Imrubicon

Wannabe Squid
STOC #
A while back there were pictures on the web of a girl's scars ( due to falling off at high speed and sliding )...

I used these to convince the bride she should wear gear more. Another has ask if they're still out there to convince his better half too.

Anyone remember the link ??

ps didn't see them on search here

The girl you speak of was (is ?) a member as she logged onto this site to talk about safe riding and stop her name and story being used for fanatical ATGATT ranting as we all ride ,The road rash Queen has posted here and she also said the first thing is not to be stupid!Her stuff was caused by triple digets and it sounded like her helmet caught wind and sucked her off a bike a tard was driving .
we all make a decision on gear and we all hope nothing happens to another rider . No one is stupid or crazy for thier choices either with or with out gear . We all do our own risk asement and go from there .

rjs987

Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
2022 Kymco AK 550
2024 Miles
STOC #
I used to be one who thought wearing an open face helmet, a thick coat and denim with leather work gloves was enough. Then I started thinking of safety a little more. Started with a leather jacket and chaps. Then a full face modular helmet rather than the open face helmet (over 60% damage above shoulders is to the lower face, the part that pokes out of an open face helmet). Then added my TourMaster armored textile jacket. Then a pair of real motorcycle padded gloves. The first day I wore my First Gear armored riding pants was the day I was convinced about ATGATT. It was a very light rain and only 35 deg F outside. There were a few piles of snow melting at many street corners, one corner I go around had the snow melt path diagonal across the intersection. I had been past there before keeping the bike straight up and slow and been fine. This time I was momentarily unthinking of keeping it straight up and just as I started to lean into the turn, going about 5-7 mph I just knew something wasn't right. I was ON the snow melt path and it was not really melted that morning. The bike went down and slid about 7-8 ft but didn't really lay flat on it's side due to the tip over fairing (this was not on my ST but my former bike). I kept my feet out from under it and put my hand down to assist getting off. Due to the slight rain I was wearing my Frogg Toggs over everything. I didn't feel any part of me touch the ground other than my hand and boots and stood right up. Picked up the bike to see the damage. Not bad, just some scraping on the bottom of the fairing. Then I thought I should really look myself over just to be sure. The side of my leg, or at least the Frogg Toggs on the side of my knee were shredded. As I said, this was the first time wearing the riding pants. The knee pad kept me from even feeling anything hit. The riding pants were not even dirty, no scape marks, nothing. My mc gloves had a little sand from the road but no other marks either. I was fine. I am certain I would have at least had a significant bruise if not for the protection of the riding pants (if not worse), even for such a little slide. I was convinced that the only safe way was to be covered, ATGATT. That's the way I ride now, even just to go down the street to get gas or milk.

Oh, want to add that the Iowa Motorcycle Safety Forum is at Ames, IA the end of this month. A number of speakers from some major mc outfitters will be there. Motorcycle Safety Forum

Bike
I do not have a bike
STOC #
One of the presents for the last Christmas I got is the new convertible riding pants to go with my jackets. They have additional underpants for cold weather and panels that unzip with mesh for hot weather. Armor is always there and that is most important feature. Good footwear and helmets were and are always on, but now with the pants I am set for day-to-day road war. :D

:rd11: :pf1:

Top Bottom