Audio vox cruise control issue

OP
OP
Griffjag
Bike
1300A
Was still not wanting to catch a couple of times on way home but it has done that before Think I need to go thru Vac system and check for leaks or problems?

if it were the vacume, i would expect to see the speed slowly drop when the signal droped out...it sounds like a bad connection ...fwiw i had my own bad connection inside of the servo... something that's occured to me.....maybe it's the brake switch, not adjusted right...personally i'd look into that first..that's just me, always doing the easy stuff first

Last edited:

okckeith

Site Supporter
Bike
2017 Triumph Trophy
Sounds like you need to check your wire connections. Remember you had a bad connection before we put the plastic back on. Did you ever fix that?

I had a simular problem and one day I took all the plastic off the bike and started going through every thing,Electric and Vacume Hoses. Couldn't find anything. I pulled the contoller out and poped the top off and found a ton of corrosion around the O-ring. I cleaned it up greased everything and has worked great ever since.
Larry

OP
OP
Griffjag
Bike
1300A
Sounds like I need to peel all the plastic off again and look at everything again. I think I have fixed all the electrical connections. But maybe I missed on. It worked great the first 4800 miles and now its hit or miss.

OP
OP
Griffjag
Bike
1300A
ok I took it all apart this last weekend, replaced 90% of the vacuume hoses with new hoses and new T's. I also cleaned up all the electrical connections, and sodered all the electrical connection, cleaned the grounding spot and reinstalled the ground. If it does not work now I have no clue what to do next. Going to put the tuperware back on and give it a real good cleaning. So Saturday I going for a ride not sure where yet or where I will end up. hopefully there is and RTE or something i can goto and give the bike a good once over.

I have noticed that it works great when i leave the house and by the time I get home it is not working as well.

OP
OP
Griffjag
Bike
1300A
IT WORKS OUTSANDING AGAIN, Not sure what part fixed it but took it for about a 50 mile ride last night with absolutely no problems what so ever. I am so Happy. That I was able to fix it.

Dinkie Diesel

------------Jeff------------
Bike
2013 GL1800
Is your chest sticking out a little farther? Good for you. You'll need something to be happy about before you get to ArkanSTOC. :D

Bike
2004 ST1300
STOC #
You replaced a lot of vacuum accessories....sounds like it pointed to a leak at some point. Glad you have it fixed!

Top Bottom