Audiovox CC - hyperlites - top box tail lights

Bike
'04 ST1300
I wonder if anyone else has added this combination of farkles.

I have a audiovox CC that I'm going to install soon. I have added hyperlite flashing tail lights. And I have a GIVI top case with the additional brake light.

The question is can I run the GIVI and Hyper-lites off of the tail lights with out havening a problem?

Also, will the CC be ok with this setup? I guess switching the incandesant bulbs out for LEDs would cause a problem, but I'm still using the stock tail lights but just added the LEDs to the mix.

- Don

Bike
ST1100 & ST1300
STOC #
This is the only problem I ran across http://www.murphskits.com/catalog/docs/tail_light_relay.doc I was not there at the end of the job,just know that a relay fixed it.

PS He had alot of led's.I had a brake light added on mine no problems
I'll bet he had LED brake lights rather than the stock incandescents.

I should add that I haven't had any issues I left something off that is on my bike. As I said before E52 with brake light kit, CCS-100 and while I said I don't have hyper-lites I do have The Stopper which is a LED brake light much like the LED bars seen in many cars for the 3rd brake light. It is a running light and a brake light. So really it is pretty close to the same setup. I have been debating on adding Hyper-lites but haven't pulled the trigger yet. Maybe next year.

Gandolkf

Site Supporter
Bike
2018 Wing
STOC #
I do beleive Ralphie had hyper lightsand what sennister said ( I'll bet he had LED brake lights rather than the stock incandescents.)

fiziks

I brake things.
Bike
2003 ST1300A
I have the 3-way hyperlights (running/brake/turn signals) and the Rostra (equivalant) electronic cruise control. No issues with the brakes, no relay required. As suggested above, it is only an issue if you REPLACE the incandescent bulbs with LEDs. Adding lights (LED or otherwise) does not cause issues.

Top Bottom