Audiovox CCS-100 problem

I recently installed the CCS-100 cruise control. Today was my first ride with it and sorry to say it has a problem. The RESUME/ACCEL function does not work. I looked through several threads concerning this cruise control and did not find any threads that address this problem. Any help would be appreciated. Other than this problem it works fine. I installed the vacuum canister and my speed did not vary more than 5mph running through the hills. :03biker: :(

ChucksKLRST

Team Colorado
Bike
2019 Versys 1K SE LT
STOC #
STealthyST said:
I recently installed the CCS-100 cruise control. Today was my first ride with it and sorry to say it has a problem. The RESUME/ACCEL function does not work. I looked through several threads concerning this cruise control and did not find any threads that address this problem. Any help would be appreciated. Other than this problem it works fine. I installed the vacuum canister and my speed did not vary more than 5mph running through the hills. :03biker: :(

What are the positions of the dip switches? Mine are as shown in the attached photo. 1,4,7 on. Also don't forget to remove the jumper. Jumper removed= manual trans. Jumper in place = auto trans. Hope this helps. Let us know

Mark

Gotta make tracks
Bike
KTM 525exc
STOC #
I haven't heard of anyone having this issue either.
I would check all the wiring as well as Chuck's suggestion on the dip switches and jumper.

Mark

wjbertrand

Ventura Highway
STealthyST said:
Wired as instructed in the manual that comes withe CCS-100, mine remembers the resume speed even after the key has been shut off and the bike's been sitting for a week! Something's not connected/dip switched correctly would be my guess. I don't see any alternative to going back over it with fine toothed comb failing that, concluding you have a defective unit.

ChucksKLRST

Team Colorado
Bike
2019 Versys 1K SE LT
STOC #
wjbertrand said:
Wired as instructed in the manual that comes withe CCS-100, mine remembers the resume speed even after the key has been shut off and the bike's been sitting for a week! Something's not connected/dip switched correctly would be my guess. I don't see any alternative to going back over it with fine toothed comb failing that, concluding you have a defective unit.

I tied the two wires together and put them on a switched circuit, as I did not want it to remember after I turned the bike off.

wjbertrand

Ventura Highway
ChucksKLRST said:
I tied the two wires together and put them on a switched circuit, as I did not want it to remember after I turned the bike off.
I'd have done the same Chuck if I had known ahead of time that it would behave this way - just to reduce any idle battery drain mostly. It's not enough of an issue to me to bother tearing back into it and the battery has remained pefectly charged for over a week (business trip) sitting idle.

ChucksKLRST

Team Colorado
Bike
2019 Versys 1K SE LT
STOC #
wjbertrand said:
I'd have done the same Chuck if I had known ahead of time that it would behave this way - just to reduce any idle battery drain mostly. It's not enough of an issue to me to bother tearing back into it and the battery has remained pefectly charged for over a week (business trip) sitting idle.

If I remember correctly it was your post that alerted me to that bit of info. So thank you for helping out a second time.

Top Bottom