Audiovox Cruise Install Question

Bike
ST1100 & ST1300
STOC #
I am working on installing a Audiovox CCS100 vacuum cruise for a member here.

The install is pretty much done, I am down to the power connections but have a question. I have read that this cruise will cancel if you hit the cruise or pull clutch. I get where the brake connection comes from. I have made the connection to the brake light circuit with the purple wire. What about the clutch. How does it sense that the clutch has been pulled. In all the directions I have looked at this far there is no mention about tapping into the clutch circuit on the left side of the bike.

From looking at the pinouts on ST Wiki there appears to be two wires that may be used to cancel the cruise. It mentioned the purple wire which I used to brake. Then there is a red wire. Both are coming from the servo unit.

So where does this red wire go?

Bike
ST
STOC #
I am working on installing a Audiovox CCS100 vacuum cruise for a member here.

The install is pretty much done, I am down to the power connections but have a question. I have read that this cruise will cancel if you hit the cruise or pull clutch. I get where the brake connection comes from. I have made the connection to the brake light circuit with the purple wire. What about the clutch. How does it sense that the clutch has been pulled. In all the directions I have looked at this far there is no mention about tapping into the clutch circuit on the left side of the bike.

From looking at the pinouts on ST Wiki there appears to be two wires that may be used to cancel the cruise. It mentioned the purple wire which I used to brake. Then there is a red wire. Both are coming from the servo unit.

So where does this red wire go?
If I recall correctly, the clutch will disengage the CC because of the over rev delimiter built in. There are no wires to attach.

Blrfl

Natural Rider Enhancement
Bike
Fast Blue One
STOC #
Jahoobob wins a cigar.

I had a look at what I wrote on the STWiki page, and the entry for the red wire on the servo is incorrect. I double-checked the installation manual and discovered that it contradicts itself. One diagram refers to it as "Brake 1" and another says it should be connected to the side of the brake light switch fed by the battery. It's been a few years since I did mine, but I seem to recall having connected both the red and brown lines to switched +12V, leaving the entire thing powered off when the bike isn't running.

--Mark

OP
OP
sennister
Bike
ST1100 & ST1300
STOC #
Hmmmm. The challenge that I have been having is that these newly manufactured kits don't seem to come with directions. The page is no longer in the audiovox site either or at least all the links to it that I have tried have been dead. For the most part this isn't an issue as there are so many articles out there for this. For the 1300 and other bikes which would be similar. The challenge with this wire though is that there is more than one red wire in the system.

Oh one other question. Dip switch 4. I think that is the one I am thinking of anyhow. So this install I made a vacuum tank. I have read where some people needed it where others don't. The owner of the bike rides out west in the mountains so I figured it would he cheap insurance to add to give a little more capacity for accelerating. I have read where people wanted to experiment with having 4 on or off. Right now I have it on as that is what most of the articles have said to do when you ad a tank. Is that still the agreed setting? I have gone though several articles and haven't seen where someone has updated this but there has been some chatter where people were considering this. About the only thing I saw was that this setting will determine if the speed drops off a bit then recovers or if it goes 2-3 MPH too fast and recovers. I think I saw that some reported better reaction to hills and such if you can live with the over speed condition.

Thanks

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt using Tapatalk.

Top Bottom