Audiovox cruise installation question

CrashTestDanny

formerly known as danf
Bike
2005 ST-1300
STOC #
I have Ray's instructions, but it seems that I recall someone recently posting a warning about not taking that nut off the throttle body for fear of unbalancing it and having to replace it. Does anyone else remember this? Can you point me to the thread?

Hi Dan.

I do not remember that particular discussion, but I do recall someone over tightening the nut where you attach the cruise to the throttle body. I honestly can not see how you could unbalance the throttle body. The throttle body is not "balanced" to begin with. If there was an argument at all you might say you would be putting some extra strain on the body but even that is minimal. Only word of warning would be to make sure you do not over tighten the nut that attaches to the throttle body. Use some thread lock and it will be good.

Dave...

ChucksKLRST

Team Colorado
Bike
2019 Versys 1K SE LT
STOC #
danf said:
I have Ray's instructions, but it seems that I recall someone recently posting a warning about not taking that nut off the throttle body for fear of unbalancing it and having to replace it. Does anyone else remember this? Can you point me to the thread?

Yes, I read that posts on MSN board. I just finished my CC install and did not have any issues of the sort. Do not over tighten and install and tighten nut with throttle closed. All went well for me.

Top Bottom