Autocom installation

does anyone know of a link to an autocom install page ?
I am trying to wire the power into the tail light switched power.....
Need some help ???

B

Bob Hughes

Grounhog One
I bought a relay and a wiring harness for it at a local marine sales store. The coil wires connect the tail light (actually I used the top box light connector) to ground and the switched connections is directly from positive battery terminal. I use this relay to power everything that I connected to my bike.

crazykz

R.I.P. - 2012/06/16
Rest In Peace
Bike
2007 ST1300A
STOC #
I was going to post that thread but Tim beat me to it. You might try my suggestion there as tapping the taillight using scotchlocks are not reliable.

Curt

STOC #
I was going to post that thread but Tim beat me to it. You might try my suggestion there as tapping the taillight using scotchlocks are not reliable.

Curt
Being a newb, thats what I used and it hasn't caused me any problems, yet. When I get time, I'm going to go back and solder all of my connections. I been practicing.:)

crazykz

R.I.P. - 2012/06/16
Rest In Peace
Bike
2007 ST1300A
STOC #
Being a newb, thats what I used and it hasn't caused me any problems, yet. When I get time, I'm going to go back and solder all of my connections. I been practicing.:)
Actually I find that the posilocks are better for me than soldering. The reason is that you don't need slack in the wire like you do when soldering and you can easily remove them later and solder it if you don't want the posilock in there.

Curt

OP
OP
Thanks so much!
I'm actually quite switched on to adding farkles now...
Once you've cut into a wire or too.......

where do ya stop ???

Top Bottom