Avon Storm 2 tyres

Does anyone out there have any experience with the new Storm 2 tyres? I am presently running on a set of Storm ST tyres and love them. I am soon to be in need of a new set because a puncture, and subsequent slow leak, in my rear tyre.
I ran Avon's on my Triumph Thunderbird 900cc and loved them.

Bike
ST1100 & ST1300
STOC #
You might want to read some of the threads on this. I love the Storm on my 1100 there is a known decel headshake. I live with it. However the tire is not certified for the 1300. Some people run them and say they are fine. Others have suffered tire failures. For me there are plenty of other options out there for good tires in the same price range that are certified. So for me no Avons on the 1300.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Bike
ST1100 & ST1300
STOC #
Take a look at this thread.

Link

I would look at Michelin PR2 there is a new PR3 being released but no one has any real miles on them yet so you would be riding a tire without a known history.

Also Bridgestone BT020 and BT023.

I have run a set of PR2 and they have good mileage and performance but are a little loud. I then went to BT023. My rear was shot in under 6K miles but others have gotten a lot more miles out of the rears than I have. From my reading I got the worst mileage on it from any bike I have seen. I think it was 5740 miles. At that point I was to the cords. A few people hit that point a little over 6K and some as high as 12K. So a little all over the place. I now have a BT023 front from when I mounted the set and a BT020 rear. Once this set is shot I will look either at early reports of the PR3 or go back to PR2.

okckeith

Site Supporter
Bike
2017 Triumph Trophy
I have the Storm 11's on my 1300. I love they way they feel! I only have about 2000 miles on them. I ordered a PR-2 to replace the rear. From what I have read, I am just scared of the rear tire. It might not cause a problem. But I am not going to take a chance. I have run Avon Tires for over twenty years. I never thought I would walk away from them. If they still had the original Storms, I would buy them in a heart beat.

Top Bottom