Avon Storm 2 Ultra Wear Report

Bike
2004 st1300
That was a casual relaxed pace. Regarding the "wobble" try cranking up the rear preload a little. I think the Storm is shorter than the PR2 so the rear might be sagging a little.

I will try cranking up the pre-load. Am I correct that I should have @ 1.5 " of sag from up on the center stand to my full weight on the bike?

BTW, at what ranges do you set the TPMS PSI and temp?

Thanks

Doc

OP
OP
Byron

Byron

STOC #
I will try cranking up the pre-load. Am I correct that I should have @ 1.5 " of sag from up on the center stand to my full weight on the bike?

BTW, at what ranges do you set the TPMS PSI and temp?

Thanks

Doc

I tied to measure sag once but working on the bike by myself the majority of the time I just can't do it. Since you can't easily change the front preload I start at the rear. I take the bike into the hills and then take it through a series of turns and notice the handling; did it require more into to hold the line or exit wide or did it take more input to keep it from diving too deep into the corner. If it is exiting wide I crank up the rear preload some and run the turns again. If it was diving too deep then I back off some preload. Once I do this I'm usually pretty good for overall handling. If the front feels a little twitchy at speed then I crank up the rear preload a little and that usually takes care of it. If it's just a momentary thing I'll shift my weight forward some over the tank and this has the same affect as adding more rear preload and will take care of the wiggle.

With regard to TPMS I'll usually set them at whatever the morning temperature is for the time of year. Once during the warmer part of the year and once in the winter. I just set the PSI for 42 and use the factory defaults for limits.

Bike
2004 st1300
I tied to measure sag once but working on the bike by myself the majority of the time I just can't do it. Since you can't easily change the front preload I start at the rear. I take the bike into the hills and then take it through a series of turns and notice the handling; did it require more into to hold the line or exit wide or did it take more input to keep it from diving too deep into the corner. If it is exiting wide I crank up the rear preload some and run the turns again. If it was diving too deep then I back off some preload. Once I do this I'm usually pretty good for overall handling. If the front feels a little twitchy at speed then I crank up the rear preload a little and that usually takes care of it. If it's just a momentary thing I'll shift my weight forward some over the tank and this has the same affect as adding more rear preload and will take care of the wiggle.

With regard to TPMS I'll usually set them at whatever the morning temperature is for the time of year. Once during the warmer part of the year and once in the winter. I just set the PSI for 42 and use the factory defaults for limits.

Thanks for the tips, I'll give it a go for the week-end

Top Bottom