Avon Storm Info

Two Brothers

Walking, Talking, and Smiling!
Called Avon today for an update on the Storms. Rep told me they would be meeting with the guys from across the pond next week. He'll let me know something in the next couple of weeks "good or bad."

Just thought I might let you guys know. I'm ready to sell some Avon's when I get the green light.

Bike
2000 ST1100 ABS TCS
STOC #
Called Avon today for an update on the Storms. Rep told me they would be meeting with the guys from across the pond next week. He'll let me know something in the next couple of weeks "good or bad."

Just thought I might let you guys know. I'm ready to sell some Avon's when I get the green light.
What did I miss? Is this just the 1300 (not recommended) or the 1100, too?

Raven

"two wrecks" - RIP ACL
Bike
Aprilia Caponord
STOC #
You didn't miss anything - check out this thread for more info: CLICK

It's primarily a big to-do over the UK LEO Wobble so Avon doesn't want their tires associated with it, especially when folks use the "L" word (liability).....:rolleyes:

BTW, mac, 2nd dibs on those storms - what's the DOT date code on 'em? :D

Last edited:

Heck, I'm new to all this. Is it just for the ST? I was getting ready to buy some for my Kawasaki C-14 next tire change, are they still OK for the Kawasaki? Can you sell me some for the Kawi or you can't sell any Avon's period?

OP
OP
Two Brothers

Two Brothers

Walking, Talking, and Smiling!
Heck, I'm new to all this. Is it just for the ST? I was getting ready to buy some for my Kawasaki C-14 next tire change, are they still OK for the Kawasaki? Can you sell me some for the Kawi or you can't sell any Avon's period?

I can hook you up on the Kawa no problem it's just the ST1300 that my hands are tied on. Call me 770-963-7374 or PM me and I'll give you a price.

Bike
2018 Gold Wing
STOC #
You didn't miss anything - check out this thread for more info: CLICK

It's primarily a big to-do over the UK LEO Wobble so Avon doesn't want their tires associated with it, especially when folks use the "L" word (liability).....:rolleyes:

BTW, mac, 2nd dibs on those storms - what's the DOT date code on 'em? :D
Ya'll gonna make me go out in that cold flippin garage to look at dates. I bought them in late '07. Does that help? And I don't know how many sets of Storms I went through on the ST(more than 3), but I can tell you I was known to travel at speeds well over 120 with them and never had any wobbles. I didn't do that often or for sustained periods and never when ther was traffic around.

Bike
2012 Kawasaki C14
STOC #
Ya'll gonna make me go out in that cold flippin garage to look at dates. I bought them in late '07. Does that help? And I don't know how many sets of Storms I went through on the ST(more than 3), but I can tell you I was known to travel at speeds well over 120 with them and never had any wobbles. I didn't do that often or for sustained periods and never when ther was traffic around.
I have gone through at least two sets. I am not worried about the wobble. Not real concerned about the date on them either.

Bike
2000 ST1100 ABS TCS
STOC #
Chief, get yur butt out in the garage and check those dates! Inquiring minds!

Now, go warm up and quit complaining. :D

Papa

R.I.P. - 2020/02/10
Rest In Peace
Bike
Blue Breeze
STOC #
AH-HA! :confused: Kinda like the pot calling the kettle black ain't it? :D You just didn't get caught Mac!

Last edited:
Bike
2012 Kawasaki C14
STOC #
Any updates? Plan on buying tires in the near future and want either storms or PR2's....I think:rolleyes:

I just looked at my front tire, I have 11,300 miles on the stock Dunlop. The entire left side is bald and has bubbles in it, yet the right side has a lot of tread. I am going to see if it is a factory defect. However, if I have to buy based on this site I want Avon Storms.

Is this thread about them not being available anymore?

Raven

"two wrecks" - RIP ACL
Bike
Aprilia Caponord
STOC #
Technically they aren't "approved" for the ST1300 in the U.S. even though they are approved for the Pan European ST1300 in Europe.

That said, I have them on my ST1300 and find them extremely nice rubber.

I just looked at my front tire, I have 11,300 miles on the stock Dunlop. The entire left side is bald and has bubbles in it, yet the right side has a lot of tread. I am going to see if it is a factory defect. However, if I have to buy based on this site I want Avon Storms.

I only got about 8-9k out of my stock Bridgestone BT020 front tire and about the same on the next before it hit the wear bars, 11,300 doesn't sound bad to me but I ride 2-up about 80% of the time.

dduelin

Tune my heart to sing Thy grace
Site Supporter
Bike
GL1800 R1200RT NC700
2024 Miles
STOC #

Avon Storms are widely available, just not from the vendor in this thread - Two Brothers. They are a great tire on the ST1300.

Top Bottom