Avon Storms

Tailgunner

R.I.P. - 2012/05/20
Rest In Peace
Bike
07 ST1300
STOC #
Finally put 100 miles on the new tires. Now I can see if I like them.

So far I have noticed a different feel to the front end. Not good or bad just different. I have also noticed when warming up the tires in the morning (heavy swerving from side to side as I leave the house for 1/4 miles or so) that I am getting further over to each than before.

Let the games begin.

sirepair

Let's RIDE!
Site Supporter
Bike
2003 ST1100P
STOC #
I got 12K or so from the front, about 8K from the rear. Front wasn't completely gone at that mileage, but not much left. Rear was shall we say "no longer safe"....

I put on another set!

I got 12K or so from the front, about 8K from the rear. Front wasn't completely gone at that mileage, but not much left. Rear was shall we say "no longer safe"....

I put on another set!
I second this post.

The difference I saw with the front was that it was much easier to dive into the curve than the Z6 I have now.. I have to replace tires next week and will be going back to the Storms...

I was talking with the Parts Mgr (Sam) at Beach Blvd Motorsports in Jax Fl., this past Saturday. They are Yamaha,Suzuki, I use him for most of my purchases in the Bike world, he discounts nicely. Anyway, He told me that Avon is/has a dual compound Sporttouring tire coming out very soon, that should provide much better mileage. Hope its true and it doesn't cost a fortune.

Vern :biker: :smrtcar1:

Bike
06 ST1300A
I just changed bikes and ended up with a "new" set of Bridgestones as part of the deal. Much as I liked the sticky Storms I'm not to sure I was happy with the tyre profile and they aren't approved by Avon for the 1300. Maybe it's just me (I'm not a hard rider) but I feel the Bridgestones seem to let the bike roll in rather than dropping into corners. I know some who think the Storms are the best thing since (place regional variation here) but there are others I know who can take the ST to the limit quite happily with the Bridgestones. Obviously everyone rides different, but that drop in might have been what made me panic on an adverse camber and total my last ST...

Bike
BMW K1600GTL
STOC #
I love these tires. Just put on my 2nd rear tire--got nearly 8,000 on the first one. Front is still fine. I probably could have done at least another 500-1000 on the rear, but I was leaving on a 2,000+ mile trip and didn't want to risk it or have to deal with replacing the tire mid-trip.

OP
OP
Tailgunner

Tailgunner

R.I.P. - 2012/05/20
Rest In Peace
Bike
07 ST1300
STOC #
So, I was thinking that the tires weren't performing as well as expected this weekend. Understand that I just had them installed. I checked pressure and they were at 40psi. I pumped them up to 42psi and holy <expletive>!

Call me stupid (my wife does all the time) but I never thought that 2psi would make so much of a difference.

Bike
'08 Connie C14
STOC #
I am on a well documented love affair with the STorms. My fifth back one is waiting patiently for the ground, the third front has 5,000 left or so. Over 9,000 on the current pair. It's not great mileage, but ooohhhhh, what a feel:)

JCB

Bike
2008 Goldwing
STOC #
I have 7,000 miles on my storms and I do alot of two up riding. Tires still have lots of tread on them just a little square on the rear but should get about 10,000 miles on them. The grip is great!!! I'm happy!!!!:D

FlexyRacer

Be Seeing You
Bike
2007 ST1300
I put some on my 06 ST1300 when I had it and what a positve difference in cornering feel and limits they provided. I am beginning to search for another ST now as I miss my 06 and the Avons will go on the new bike when tires are needed.

Mark

Top Bottom