Avon Tires

Bike
06 ST1300
Anyone use Avon Venom X tires? I'm in Florida where twisties are far and few, so I'd rather go for tires which will last on the highway. When it's time to replace, I like the Avon Venoms. I had them on my VTX1300 and they stick like glue wet and dry. I have 11,000+ miles on one set.
Comments?

Bike
2018 Gold Wing
STOC #
I have a new set of Venoms in the garage for a Gold Wing. They got me the most miles ever on a Wing. Over 22,000. The biggest problem I had with them was when the soft rubber on the front goes, you are still nowhere near the wear bars, but the front tire would stop rolling about three feet before the bike stopped forward motion when coming to a stop.

dduelin

Tune my heart to sing Thy grace
Site Supporter
Bike
GL1800 R1200RT NC700
2024 Miles
STOC #
What would be the Avon equivalent for a high mileage radial for the ST1300?
The Avon Storm is a great tire for the ST1300 but it isn't a high mileage tire per se. I get 6-7,000 miles out of a set but then I haven't got more than 7K out of any OEM Bridgestone, Michelin, or Metzeler tire on my ST. I place more emphasis on traction and handling and less on long wear. One attribute does not complement the other. I seek out and primarily ride back roads in a sporting manner. Some owners have reported mileages over 9 or 10K. There is a mileage poll or two in the Tires & Wheels subforum and many tire threads as well.

The consensus seems to be the Metzeler Z6 front and ME880 rear is the long march tire set but I have never fitted this combo.

Top Bottom