User Name: Gizmo

-----------------------------
Request Information:
Award ID: 13
Name: ST1300 50,000 Mile Award
Description:

Recipient username : Gizmo

-----------------------------------------------------
Please explain why the listed recipient should receive the award.

Earlier this month while enjoying the scenery and curvaceous roads of southeast Ohio the odometer on my [Canadian] bike turned over a significant number!

Yes, that's right, while riding on the "Triple Nickel" I rolled over the 80,000 km mark. And by the end of the day, or perhaps the next day, I looked after the extra 291 miles needed to make it official.

When I bought this bike back in '08 I had no idea how much fun and how far it would take me in a few short years:)
-----------------------------------------------------

Congrats!... always feels good to his this milestone.

You just had to beat me, huh? I should be passing my 50k milestone just before I get home from the Waffle House run Saturday night. I'm about 1200 miles from it right now.

Well, congrats anyway I guess...though you only beat me because our American miles are worth less right now!!! :D

Thanks for the best wishes. Makes me realize I should have thanked all those who have been along for the ride – both physically (riding together on various trips) and virtually (those who I’ve only met online). I’ve met some great people through this forum and my life is richer for it!

Back
Top Bottom