Awesome!! ridecool.com - A tale of my 1.8 Mile Cooling Vest

dmulk

Dan Mulkiewicz
STOC #
Awesome!! ridecool.com - A vendor that goes the extra 1.8 Miles. :)

So, two weeks ago, based on a recomendation from Finewest, I purchased a cooling vest (This one: http://www.ridecool.com/sport.htm) from www.ridecool.com .

It arrived no problem, but when I tried it on, I had found that I had ordered 1 size too big.

On Friday evening, well after all normal businesses were closed, I used the Contact Us web page on their site to ask if there was any way I could swap the vest and get a new one by this Wed. I am leaving for WeSTOC at the end of this week and really wanted this for the trip.

To my utter surprise, I got a call from Mike Getzendanner (the owner) on Saturday morning and he proceeds to tell me there would be no problem getting me a vest by Wed. The only issue was that he didn't have the color I originally ordered in the new size. After a brief discussion, he mentions that his supplier is only 1.8 miles from my work and that he would be happy to call them on Monday to arrange for an over the counter exchange. (And please don't email me asking who his supplier is - I won't tell you. :cool:)

This morning, like clock work, I get a call from Mike telling me who to contact and that they would be happy to swap the vest for me. This not only saves on shipping, but I can do it on lunch and have plenty of time to pack it, etc!!

I really wish ALL internet vendors had Mike's "customer service" attitude.

If you are considering a cooling vest, please check out www.ridecool.com

Thanks!

<D>

Last edited:
Dan,

OK, no question about the supplier. :)

With regard to the size, what size did you order vs. what size are you and what size are you going with?

In other words, I normally wear large in T-shirts and riding jackets so should I order their large or maybe medium?

Dan,

That's who I got my vest from too. When I ordered, I ordered the wrong vest, so I called them up and explained what I did and they said no problem, and then Charged/sent me the one I wanted. :)

I got the delux with sleeves and I was glad I got the sleeves. When I was going to 666STOC I was in 115 degree for an hour and a half! It wasn't for that vest (and the sleeves) I would have baked for sure! :(

Have a safe ride to WeSTOC! :biker:

Dan,

OK, no question about the supplier. :)

With regard to the size, what size did you order vs. what size are you and what size are you going with?

In other words, I normally wear large in T-shirts and riding jackets so should I order their large or maybe medium?

I can wear extra large as well as large shirts. I wear a 41 or 42 Suit.

I ordered the Large and should have ordered the Medium.

The large probably would have worked ok, but the vest needs to fit close to your body to really work and the Large was just a little too loose. Medium will be perfect. :)

I got the vest without the sleeves.

<D>

PS: I am 6' and weigh 175. If I was a little larger around the middle, I would have needed the Large...

Dan,

I got the delux with sleeves and I was glad I got the sleeves. When I was going to 666STOC I was in 115 degree for an hour and a half! It wasn't for that vest (and the sleeves) I would have baked for sure! :(

Have a safe ride to WeSTOC! :biker:
Isn't a veST with sleeves a shirt? LOL
:) :cool: :)

Re: Awesome!! ridecool.com - A vendor that goes the extra 1.8 Miles. :)

(And please don't email me asking who his supplier is - I won't tell you. :cool:)
You mean we won't be able to sweat it out of you???? :crackup

- Jim :04biker:

Hmm...just wondering...

So, do I wear this thing UNDER my shirt (against my skin) or over my shirt, between the shirt and my riding jacket?

I've never used one of these.... :)

<D>

I believe the idea is to wear it as a vest over your shirt. I actually remember reading that the inside layer is supposed to help keep your clothes dry.

listen to Byron.
I would recommend the shirt be (thin!) long sleeve to help stop dehydration from the arms too...

Mark

I wear a denim long sleeve shirt. it really helps when you first put the vest on. :eek:

COol. I have some of the "Heat Wear" long sleeve sports shirts that I wear when I ride.

A lot of people think that riding with short sleeve shirts helps the body stay cool...but this is BS....as Mark mentioned, you need to keep your skin "wet" to keep your cooling system from over working it's self.

What threw me a curve was Raven's post about wearing that radiator thing under the shirt....

<D>

Back
Top Bottom