Basic home-made support for camera

Carolus

One STep beyond
Bike
2003 ST1300
No special stuff, all I needed was found at home.

A couple of plates –one of them properly bent-, nuts, bolts and washers. Furthermore, a pair of universal supports from an old movies projector.

Windshield and some plastics were removed:

Two holes made with scissors:

Ready to go:

And one video on the fly:
[video]www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DGCB_e5z8c[/video]

Simple but effective…

Last edited:
Bike
1993 ST1100
Very nice view. Did you have to put new holes through your dash? I have an ST1100 so not too familiar with the 1300 dash.

OP
OP
Carolus

Carolus

One STep beyond
Bike
2003 ST1300
Thanks a lot; I don?t check my threads for questions each day, sorry please.

Very nice view. Did you have to put new holes through your dash? I have an ST1100 so not too familiar with the 1300 dash.
Dear Antrey: yes: (only) two new holes as shown in pictures...

That is a pretty good picture looking through the windshiled:camera1:
Dear STrp: really it's only a short test for any problems: movements, bad framing, etc. with an old camera, thinking of possibilities for future...

That was awesome (except for those giant speed bumps). Great job!
Thanks, dear StevePyle; this is a small village where a person was killed by a car a few years ago and this is the reason for these bumps...

Last edited:
Bike
Pan 1300A
I made a camera bracket similar but I did't want to make holes,:mad: I made an inverted Y shaped bracket that hooked into the two vents at the bottom of the screen curving back to the top of the dash then a screw locking clip that hooks under the top of the dash plus the screw mount for camera;) the whole painted mat black and rubber backing.....The best is that it can be removed in seconds:D I will try and get a photo.:)

Top Bottom