Battery Problem - I guess.

Bike
ST1300
STOC #
I measured 14.4 @5K. The bike has been sitting for about a week so it is probably not at 100% charge. Hope to ride tomorrow and I'll check it again.

Tom

v8-7

Site Supporter
I hope it's just your battery, and it probably is, but a bad starter could give the same symptoms .

You said in the op that the starter button did not work on you trip , perhaps the brushes on the starter are making marginal/no contact ?

OP
OP
Old Glory
Bike
ST1300
STOC #
Talked to the dealership where I bought the battery today. They have another in stock and I asked them to check with Yuasa for the manufacturer date. They open again Tuesday and I'm bringing my battery in for a load test. I suspect it's the battery because the only time it wouldn't start was when I had the ignition on for 30 seconds before starting it. Still it seems strange. It's ok overnight, there's only a 0.7 ma drain, all the accessories are switched through a fuse box keyed to the ignition, the alternator voltage seems fine. I'm guessing a marginal cell. I may be moving to a Li battery.

The voltage between the terminals and the positive to frame are the same. I'll do the voltage check described in the service manual.

John-

OP
OP
Old Glory
Bike
ST1300
STOC #
Brought the battery to the dealer for a load test. Tested fine. Trouble is it doesn't hold a charge for long. Got a refund - going to get a Shorai.

John-

Top Bottom