Bazzaz ZFi control unit

Bike
2007 st1300 silver
Orderded a Bazzaz ZFi controller yesterday. Got home today and they said we are sending you the updated controller unit. i will try it out and let anyone interested how it goes. I guess I will be the guinea pig.

Bike
2010 ST1300
I would be very curious about two issues, how the performance changes and how the fuel economy changes. My ST already has enough power for me, and I think the stock mapping is smooth and very controllable. Not being a 'hot shoe' rider, I wonder what improvements I could use on my bike.

Smallville

Scott
Bike
2022 KLR 650 Adv
STOC #
Someone here already has one. Seems to like it, however for some reason he is in the minority.

I get the feeling that most seem to think that any gains made do not justify the cost.

Throttlejockey

Padden is my hero
Bike
06 ST1300
STOC #
Someone here already has one. Seems to like it, however for some reason he is in the minority.

I get the feeling that most seem to think that any gains made do not justify the cost.
Valkman has one. IIRC his fuel mileage got worse.

OP
OP
kjkconcours
Bike
2007 st1300 silver
OK, I installed the Bazzaz unit today. Took 10.5 hours to complete, that is with a quick lunch and two small breakes putting batteries in my led flashlights.The unit's wiring harness is a good piece of workmanship. Took me a little bit longer being color blind matching up the color coded wires. Had to remove all body work except front nose. Before I put the bike back together I started it to make sure it was ok, which it was. Can't wait to take for a ride, maybe sunday if this old body can move. The unit comes with two maps, so I would like to try the second one. Keep you posted.

OP
OP
kjkconcours
Bike
2007 st1300 silver
Ok went for a ride today with the bazzaz. First I took the bike for a ride friday with no bazzaz. Today I took it out in the same fourtie degree weather. Well I have to say the unit works well. The bike is crisper, smoother, more torque, and a little more horsepower. I love the low end torque, as I was smileing in my helmet. Was it worth the 10.5 hours to install, Yes it was. Can't wait to try the second map.

Bike
2018 GL1800 DCT Tour
Can't wait to try the second map.
I was under the impression that with the two way switch one position is stock (just runs straight through or is bypassed) and the other is whatever you have programmed in to the Bazzaz.

OP
OP
kjkconcours
Bike
2007 st1300 silver
The first map is a slight performance map over stock, say your running a set of slipon mufflers. The second one is a more performance map over that for like a full exhaust, K&N air filter etc. I did not try the second map out yet. I am very happy with the first one but ran out of time today. It's cold up here in Pa.

OP
OP
kjkconcours
Bike
2007 st1300 silver
Well I tried map number 2 today as the weather got a little warmer. The bike runs richer down low which made it a little torquer, but the bike backfired a little when downshifting at higher rpm's. Which I don't like. And got a little worse fuel mileage which I did not like. So I will run map number 1 which I am happy with. Bazzaz did a good thing putting the stock bikes mapping along with the bazzaz mapping for map 1 and map 2. You can see for yourself what it does. It for me was worth the time and money.

Top Bottom