Before I do...

Know this is an old post, but will come up in a search. I put on the Vista Cruise model MCVICY-P within a week of purchasing the bike after a 1,000 mile day. It's robust, cheap ($22-$25), and almost invisible if mounted like I did. Really think either model will work similarly, just requires a minor amount of trimming of the foot. I mounted mine so that the thumb lever is at 6 o'clock and the foot is nested between the cable nuts. I found that when the lock is engaged and I need to roll off, my forefinger will release the lock as part of the forward roll. When the lever is not engaged, it is well out of the way below the throttle.
Trimming was done to shave the inside of the foot and very little to the two corners to narrow it just slightly so it could drop into the natural position between the cables.

Jeff

Attachments

• IMG_0402 (800x600).jpg
    IMG_0402 (800x600).jpg
    308.5 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0404 (800x600).jpg
    IMG_0404 (800x600).jpg
    209.4 KB · Views: 17
I have a Throttlemeister and seldom use it since I put a cramp buster on. the problem with the throttle locks is that your speed is constantly changing based on grades and wind and turns. That makes them less than desirable. The only time I use it now is if I need to take my hand off the throttle to reach for something or scratch my ........... nose.

Well thanks for the reply fellas but I am planning to move forward with the Throttlemeister just wanted confirmation that it will work with the heated grips I have. I have ridden with the T-meister before and haven't felt like it was a problem to use at all. Only need to set it on the long staight-aways.
Any info to my query would be appreciated...

Back
Top Bottom