Beneath my motorcycle

Tile or Paint G-floor.

It's going to be one or the other this spring, for sure.

Leaning towards some sort of mastic-set, polymer tiles. Setting it and forgetting it, is of paramount interest.
To be self installed.

Looking for some 'what-hows'. Spare no details please.

Thanks in advance!

Ref:
Very solid concrete base, 2 car, attached, unheated (when not crewed), chilly northern Illinois.

Previously moved (with lightning speed at that), due to not being a motorcycle relevant topic.

Certainly more motorcycle related than say.... Thursday coffee (no offense).

It's going to be one or the other this spring, for sure.
Paint or Tile.

Leaning towards some sort of mastic-set, polymer tiles. Setting it and forgetting it, is of paramount interest.
To be self installed.

Looking for some 'what-hows'. Spare no details please.

Thanks in advance!

Ref:
Very solid concrete base, 2 car, attached, unheated (when not crewed), chilly northern Illinois.

Note to self: This will probably get me banned.

moved again... lol.. garage tile has nothing to do with motorcycling.. just like the coffee threads which are in the same area.

My first thought is to make sure you don't put something
down that is slippery...

Second thought is a replaceable mat

Third thought why bother at all

Aren't I thoughtful? Now go sit in the corner and think
about your posting skills.....

How about some of the epoxy floor paint. You can get it in about any color and is very durrable and not affected by gas and oils. I've seen shows where they even sprinkle in traction material before it drys.

If money is no concern go with tiles. You can find some that aren't prone to scratching (which the sidestand/centerstand WILL do). Or, go with an epoxy paint over the concrete. I have gone that route (money WAS an object) and have a large rubber matt (from Griot's Garage) that I sit my ST1300 on. I have outdoor carpet runners that I have for my dirt bikes to sit. Otherwise, the flooring will get scratched and I don't plan to resurface but every three years or so.

I used the 2-part Rustoleum floor paint, with sprinkles (Ummm, sprinkles! :D) After 5 years it's showing wear under Deba's Lexus. The rest of it looks pretty good.

Ceramic tile, black 'n white checker board, is my fav. but expensive to do. Tiles are subject to cracking, too.

Asphalt tiles are sturdy, dense, stand up well, but all the available glues are subject to heat damage. Not unusual to have a tile "slide" when ya hit the brakes entering the garage.

The more ya spend, the better the result. Keep us posted.

Killswitch
When I built my shop addition, I finished the floor with asphalt tiles. That was 9 years ago, the floor has seen a lot of serious abuse from welding, painting, mechanical work, and still looks great.
Last summer I coated my 25 year old garage floor with epoxy, used the Rustoleum product, and it turned out great. Both spaces are about the same size and the cost to finish either was about the same (doing the work myself).
If your area is subject to have salt and mud dropped on it, I would suggest the epoxy.
You're more than welcome to come by and check out the results.

Are you looking to do something like this?

Garage%20Floor.JPG

Texas

You know, the past few days have been pretty cold. It seems my ST was getting depressed about it and she tried to hang herself (as you can see in the picture)! Thank God I just happened to be going out to the garage and caught her in time. That was a close call.

Texas

Hmmmm, I dono Texas......I'd have to think about whether I could drink beer and negotiate that floor-'er not.:rolleyes: Looks really good when ya ain't drink'in ;) :D
If I was gonna do a checkerd floor I'd prolly use larger tiles and maybe go with red/white-n-blue ;)

All kidding aside....very nice!

EJ :D

Back
Top Bottom