Benelli 1200 GT.

Hang on the sport touring market is dead, sure I heard that somewhere, what are they thinking ?

I like the look. Not a fan of chain drive (personal opinion). Made in China...parts availability? Reliability?
I think Benelli are doing pretty well in the UK and their lower cc models seem relatively popular and reliable.
Time will tell.
I certainly wouldn't be an early adopter but with a long warranty and decent servicing, it may be OK.
My last chain drive bike, a 1000 cc 4 cylinder jobbie was very easy on the chain and 5000 miles between adjustments wasn't unheard of whilst touring. And no Moly required.
Upt'North.

Okay boomer.

That's a joke by the way.
I wear too much high vis to be getting my sleeves dirty with chain lube every few days!

Remember, we're the lazy generation grandad ! :thumb:
:rofl1: Every line of that post made me laugh.

I'm more than old enough to warrant chain disgust but if advances in performance and wear-resistance please others then that's great for them.

I won't be owning a chain drive bike again though I will admire some (like the CB1100 a beautiful retro homage) – just from beyond arm's length.

I would rather have a belt drive than a chain. But I think after all is said and done I will stay with a shaft. I am too OLD and LAZY for anything else.

Electric mirrors? Because we cannot reach them? And they automatically fold? They must be connected to a bank angle sensor to retract them when you drop the bike to avoid mirror damage.:rofl1:
I wear too much high vis to be getting my sleeves dirty with chain lube every few days!
Get an automatic chain oiler.

Back
Top Bottom