Suits Best Adventure Motorcycle Touring Suits

Coop

R.I.P. - 2022/10/6
Rest In Peace
STOC #
Id like to see slide tests. Comfort is elusive and more than likely adjustments will have to be made for some "condition". Show me the protection factor. Jmo
I have road tested a Motoport Kevlar suit and all my injuries were impact injuries.....cracked ribs and some tendon damage to my fingers after I stopped sliding and started rolling. Oh yeah, a sprained ankle when the EMS guy tried to take my boot off without unzipping it all the way. LOL!

I have road tested a Motoport Kevlar suit and all my injuries were impact injuries.....cracked ribs and some tendon damage to my fingers after I stopped sliding and started rolling. Oh yeah, a sprained ankle when the EMS guy tried to take my boot off without unzipping it all the way. LOL!
I have the Kevlar now. My Ultra II needs repair. Damn deer.

JJ

amorley

Site Supporter
Bike
2015 BMW K1600GTS
2024 Miles
SPOT
LINK
I upgraded my Aerostich with T5 armor and bohn backpad armor. I now also ride with a Helite Turtle airbag vest.

Trying to stack all the odds I can in my favour!

Bike
2006 ST1300
STOC #
Klim is probably the best. I'm very happy with my sedici setup for less than half the $

I have a roadcrafter, but I don't think I would use it for adv riding. The darien line would probably be a better choice. The cut of the shoulders isn't right for off-road shenanigans on the RC.

Last edited:
Bike
2005 VFR800
For the benefit of anyone who might be passing the time looking for new riding gear, this recently updated article is an overview of several of the main brand suits on the market.
Some of the reviews have links to more in depth information.

Best Adventure Motorcycle Touring Suits
They look really cool but pricey. I'll have to avoid the rain Maybe Someday. :rolleyes: I'll be wearing my leather coat over a hoodie, 2 pair of jeans and a thermal when it real cold until then.

st11ray

2006 ST1300
Bike
'06 ST1300
STOC #
I just got some Klim Latitude pants last week. My jacket is supposed to be shipped next week. I'm tired of taking up storage space with rain bibs and rain jacket. Plus, Klim offers a 30% discount for military and LE!

Bike
1994 Honda ST1100
KLIM by far is the Cadillac gear. I use the Kodiak suit. Very happy with it. Rev-it makes decent gear as well. Price typically is a deciding point. I went with KLIM since I work in a powersport shop so the discount made it livable and comes with body armor as well.

Tor

Making Life A Ride
Site Supporter
Bike
R1200 GSA / S1000XR
Using a Klim Badland set. Had it for 7 years. No issues. Next time it will probably be a Latitude set.

Bike
2003 ST1300
STOC #
In the past, Klim used to be some of the best gear you could buy.

It had the molecular D3O armor that you would have to buy separately in most other gear. It had the thickest most protective material.

I recently looked at the newest version of the Latitude jacket. Most of the gear now has level 1 armor (this may be the same as in the past) whereas most manufacturers are now including level 2 molecular armor in their jackets.

Klim advertises the newest version of the latitude jacket as 'less bulky' and it's now 800 smackaroos...

So:
- less than average armor now compared to other more affordable jackets
- 'less bulky' = 'we can use cheaper material for the same product - and we can charge more'

I decided a Tourmaster Transition jacket at 1/4th the price and ce level 2 armor - but did have to buy a better back protector for $20, it actually fits better. No, it's not goretex which is a nice thing to have but rain gear is fine for me and even stuff w/goretex has to be treated.

Top Bottom