Best direction to ride the Back of The Dragon

Shuey

Site Supporter
Bike
FJR1300 ES, 2018
SPOT
LINK
STOC #
Whether North or South bound on 16, consider riding around Burke's Garden . . . just East of Tazewell. It's unique geologically and a pretty ride.

"Burke's Garden lies in a massive bowl formed by a mountain collapsing in on itself over time. This unique geology has formed a depression surrounded by mountain ridges which has led to the Garden being known as “God's Thumbprint.”

Shuey

tnbill

Site Supporter
Bike
91 st1100
Whether North or South bound on 16, consider riding around Burke's Garden . . . just East of Tazewell. It's unique geologically and a pretty ride.

"Burke's Garden lies in a massive bowl formed by a mountain collapsing in on itself over time. This unique geology has formed a depression surrounded by mountain ridges which has led to the Garden being known as “God's Thumbprint.”

Shuey
it is a weekday ride as nothing is open on Sunday not sure about Saturday. It is a pretty neat place. The story is vanderbuilt tryed to buy it first but nobody would sell so he wound in asheville where he built the builtmore estate

OP
OP
ak85lp

ak85lp

(Paul)
Bike
2018 VStrom 1000XA
I would definitely recommend starting your ride from the Tasewell end. Any overlooks will then be on your right hand side. My friend and I started from the marion end and agreed that the scenic views and the sight lines for hairpin corners would have been much better if we had done it the other way around.
Thanks, this is the one I was looking for.

Top Bottom