Best leather/mesh pants for heat?

Bike
2010 ST1300
Not pants, but sit on a bead rider and you will be surprised how much air flows down there.

Coop

R.I.P. - 2022/10/6
Rest In Peace
STOC #
Klim Mojave have leather inside the leg from the knee down. I like them. YMMV

CYYJ

Michael
Bike
None any more.
STOC #
I've been satisfied with the BMW Airflow jacket & pants that I bought about 10 years ago. Not cheap, but very well made and very comfortable.

Michael

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
I'd think (but have no actual experience) that if the ST really heats up your legs that mesh pant would just allow more of it to hit the leg. I have no skin in that game as the ST's heat has never bothered me.

Bike
98 & 99 ST1100
STOC #
I'd think (but have no actual experience) that if the ST really heats up your legs that mesh pant would just allow more of it to hit the leg. I have no skin in that game as the ST's heat has never bothered me.
That's what I have found. I use non-vented pants and a vented jacket in the heat. I agree with @CYYJ that the BMW clothing is very good. Comfortable with good armor and it stays in place. I was very sad to retire my road-worn BMW Comfort Shell suit in exchange for a Klim Badlands suit with a Klim Induction Jacket for the hot days. The Comfort Shell adapted to the weather. I thought it was marketing BS, but it was comfortable from the Grand Desert of Nevada up to the top of the Northwest Territories. Wish I had another one. I had an Airflow jacket to work with my Comfort Shell pants, but seldom needed it. I use the Induction jacket a lot because the Badlands doesn't vent very well and it gets too hot for it very quickly. Other than a wonderful Klim TK1200 helmet, most Klim gear has left me wishing I had shopped elsewhere. I've often been curious about the Rev-it! brand and may give it a go next time around (if there is one). But no vented pants please. Another advantage of the vented top and unvented pants is that when you hit rain it is a lot easier just to pop on a rain jacket than to do the roadside two-step trying to get into rain pants.

Bike
2018 GL1800 Airbag
STOC #
I wore a Klim Latitude Misano jacket (black) on a hot August day in the Badlands a couple of years ago and I thought I was going to have heat stroke. I don't know what I was thinking. My Badlands Pro Pants (grey) were OK because they had leather inserts to block the heat in the appropriate places and huge vents. I only use that jacket in the winter now.

The zipper on the pants that zips to the jacket is in a real bad spot on the Badlands Pro. It is inside the pants on a flap, that even when the flap is pulled up is still an inch below the top of the waistband. That means you have to open up your pants to zip the Jacket into the pants. I bet that doesn't happen often. I've got cheap mesh pants with the zipper on the outside that makes zipping the pants to the jacket at least doable.

I'm not sure the Klim stuff is all it is cracked up to be either.

GGely

Site Supporter
Bike
2001 ST1100 Non ABS
STOC #
Although I can tell there’s a bunch of heat from my engine, I don’t feel it’s extreme. Right now I’m using Tourmaster overpants, which aren’t particularly well vented but aren’t bothering me enough to spend any money.

I am looking at the Olympia Airglide pants if I can find a used pair at a reasonable price.

Bike
2005 ST1300
STOC #
I found that wearing my non-vented Alpinestars textile pants WITH the thermal liner in place was more cooler on my legs in summer than without the liner. That would be an insulation effect I guess.

Bike
F900 XR
2024 Miles
Olympia X-Moto 2 pants.

The thigh portion unzips and tucks down into the lower leg portion, leaving you with a large mesh area on the thighs. They also have a wind/waterproof liner that can be used to block wind in the cooler times of the year, and as a standalone rain pant when needed. Between the liner, the pant zipped up and the thigh portion zipped down, I've found I can wear these pants in temps from the teens to over 100 F.

If you watch Olympia gear, it goes on closeout every couple years as they change product names. I doubt you can find much difference between the X-Moto 2 pant and the ones I have from several years ago that I got for @$180.

Chris

Top Bottom