Best Rain Gear

RTETR

Craig Clark
I have both of the Aerostich suits. With these you don't need rain suit. Cant beat that for packing.
A++ for Aerostich 1pc suit or the Darien pants and jacket.

I've tried many products over the years but the Stich is all ya need for any weather, any season and any bike... :bow1:

Plus, packing for a trip is made easier when you are wearing basically all ya need to take other than toothbrush and deoderant...

STOC #
I like my Aerostich Darien. These are particularly good out west where you rarely encounter a lengthy period of rain. If I were back east, where it often rains all day, I would probably feel differently

Louie Louie

I like my Aerostich Darien. These are particularly good out west where you rarely encounter a lengthy period of rain. If I were back east, where it often rains all day, I would probably feel differently
How does the Aerostich Darien(jumpsuit or jacket) perform in the heat??. I currently have a Kilimanjaro Mesh Jacket and wear jeans.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bike
2004 ST1300
STOC #
I have the heavy duty, higher priced Frogg Toggs. The jacket zipper won't stay together and the crotch leaks. The earlier versions worked, were more durable and made in USA. Now they are made in Mexico and China. I'll be using my old 'toggs until I get something recommended here.

Raven

"two wrecks" - RIP ACL
Bike
Aprilia Caponord
STOC #
+1 on the cabelas guide wear. I've had a pair of the pants for about 5 years now. They are completely waterproof yet breathable Goretex and 330 denier Cordura. Waterproof and abrasion resistant is a good thing. (I also like the convenient cargo pockets.)

BTW, just found these at Cabelas - for $20 they might be worth checking out:
Military Spec Goretex Bibs

Last edited:

TPadden

Tom Padden
In my experience NOTHING is completely waterproof; you're going to get wet.

The only thing bad about getting wet is getting cold. I just wear my Gerbing heated liner and ride COMFORTABLY in a hot tub :D! ............... No! No matter how wet you get you won't get shocked (at least I've never been) :).

Tom

Last edited:
Top Bottom