Bike down, rider ego bruised

Bike
2003 ST1300
I had to wait 8 years to pull this trick: parked my bike and didn't put the kickstand down. Surprise!! I suffered a bruised ego, the bike not a scratch.

Bike
2018 GL1800 DCT Tour
How in the world could you forget to put the kickstand down? Probably the same way I did. :D And there ain't no way to stop it once it's going. Now I always look at my stand and watch it contact the ground.

I backed mine out of the garage and just laid it down. I didn't even remember putting the stand up.

Igofar

Site Supporter
Bike
2023 Honda CT125A
Glad there were no injuries. Often the left leg will take a big blow in such an action.
Which is one of the reasons I get off on the correct....or right side.

Bike
2001 ST1100
You mean to say - practiced picking my bike up today, just in case it ever really happens!
Now you know exactly how to pick it up.

OP
OP
STreaker
Bike
2003 ST1300
Glad there were no injuries. Often the left leg will take a big blow in such an action.
A while back I timed how long it takes me to get into my ballistic pants: 50 seconds. At that point, I decided 50 seconds beats a month in the skin graft ward. So I was ATGATT this morning, looking like an upended turtle next to a bike with the shiny side down, in front of my clinic wondering how many co-workers were laughing. This too shall pass.

Bike
2005 ST1300
STOC #
Been there, done that, except mine didn't go down. It did have me pinned against a gas pump pretty good until I finally wrestled it off of me and upright again..

970mike

Mike Brown
Site Supporter
Bike
07 & 12 ST1300A
SPOT
LINK
STOC #
Well glad to here it was only the ego that had any temporary damage. Now get back to it and keep it up this time!! :D

OP
OP
STreaker
Bike
2003 ST1300
Jeff, I just noticed you live in Omak. I've been thru there a few times and love "God's back yard" (Okanogan County). How did you fare during the recent fires?

Bike
2005 ST1300
STOC #
Except for the smoke, we escaped relatively unscathed. We did lose cable, internet & most cell service for a day or two, only to be compounded by a lightning strike a few days later which knocked them all out again. Most of the fire damage was to our south and west. Lots of activity now with fire and utility crews moving about, trying to keep a handle on containing the fire and rebuilding what it destroyed. Quite a mess. Like most communities in times of crisis, everyone has pulled together and the situation is better. For many, it'll take a long time, if ever, for things to get back to normal.

OP
OP
STreaker
Bike
2003 ST1300
Except for the smoke, we escaped relatively unscathed. We did lose cable, internet & most cell service for a day or two, only to be compounded by a lightning strike a few days later which knocked them all out again. Most of the fire damage was to our south and west. Lots of activity now with fire and utility crews moving about, trying to keep a handle on containing the fire and rebuilding what it destroyed. Quite a mess. Like most communities in times of crisis, everyone has pulled together and the situation is better. For many, it'll take a long time, if ever, for things to get back to normal.
It will be hard work for everyone, but that's how communities are built. Best of luck to you!

Top Bottom