Bikini top

rogo

Site Supporter
Bike
'05 ST1300
2024 Miles
I’m wanting to cover my seat and dash now that I’ve replaced my sun damaged multi display.
I’m wanting quick and easy, something to fit in the fairing pocket.
Stock ST1300 bikini covers out there anywhere?Thanks.

SupraSabre

48 Years of SoCal Lane Splitting/Commuting-Retired
Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
I carry a Nelson-Rigg half cover when I know I will need to cover my bike. Since it doesn't cover up the exhaust, I can put it on right after getting off the :bk13:

Nelson-Rigg

CruSTy

My Perception is my reality.
Site Supporter
Bike
2007 ST1300A
2024 Miles
STOC #
I’m wanting to cover my seat and dash now that I’ve replaced my sun damaged multi display.
I’m wanting quick and easy, something to fit in the fairing pocket.
Stock ST1300 bikini covers out there anywhere?Thanks.
Kwikover fits your description. I had one and it was great for one to two seasons. It is not uv protected and will degrade rapidly in sunlight dur to un-cured rubber in the stretch fabric. If they fixed that problem it would be a great product.

Bike
2010 ST1300
I have a Nelson Rigg half cover, and it is NOT a quick and easy - throw it over the bike. Especially if you want to use it at every stop - especially when its raining. For the ST, it is not small and you will quickly get tired of opening it out and stuffing it back into a pouch or side case. I'd investigate two separate items, maybe glue small (1/4") rare earth magnets to the dash area - two on the top, one each side, and make your own cover. I seem to remember seeing a stretch cover for seats - sort of like a shower cap, but that was a long time ago and I have no idea where or when I saw it. Google might help you out here.

I do use my N R cover when I'm camping or moteling - it does a great job of keeping the dew off the bike.

Bike
2016 Versys 1000
STOC #
The quick solution.... the KwiKover from Laminar Lip. This is a stretchy and quality fabric, very similar if not the same as Geza covers. It stores in a pouch, which has a tab going behind and under the rear seat, the pouch resides on top of the pillion seat. Zip it open stretch it up over your windshield and perhaps handlebars..... suprizingly cheap. I have had one for years, and it doesn't seem to mildew if put away wet, although after a trip, I will dry it out.
I also used the Nelson Rigg UV2000, that's a good one too.

Top Bottom