BiLT Heat-Out Base Layer Clothing

STripper

Brian
Bike
2005 ST1300A
Cycle Gear is currently offering throughout the month of July a nice discount on BiLT Heat-Out Base Layer clothing.

http://www.cyclegear.com/lp/&modaf=a:brand:heatout?icid=HP_Slide1_HeatOut_062013

These are 60% Polyamide, 35% Polyester and 5% Elasthane spandex-type garments with anti-bacterial properties. I had been using some 100% Polyester base layer garments made by Novara, but I find that they don't breathe very well, so I thought that I would try the Heat-Out gear.

During a recent two-day ride when temperatures approached 80*F, I found that wearing only this Heat-Out gear underneath my Olympia Air Glide jacket and pants kept me very comfortable. Some of you may laugh at mere 80*F temperatures, but that's warm for me. I imagine that these garments would keep me comfortable up to about 90+*F. These Heat-Out garments may not be the quality of LD Comfort gear, but they certainly don't cost as much and I find them to be a very good value at the discounted prices. I'm still wearing the long-sleeved shirt in my 68*F house as I type this and, at times, it feels a bit too cool.

Cycle Gear also currently offers a 20% discount on BiLT's Evaporative Cooling Vest, but I haven't had the occasion to use that yet.

Bike
2003 GL1800A
+1 on this gear.
I have the shirt and cap. Worn and found effective at 90F for about 3 hrs.
Open the vents in the jacket and helmet and with a little 'glisten' going on your skin .. you will feel it workin' under there.
I took a cotton shirt along and threw it on at the restaurant .. glad I did cuz I was getting 'the look' from some HD dudes in the parking lot when I took jacket off .... if you know what I mean. . Told them I was just there for the beef .... bbq brisket, that is ... Think they were a little disappointed to learn that it wasn't my month for boys !..
So beware ...
PS. chicks will also dig em on you ... some of you. ;-)
Go for it.

OP
OP
STripper

STripper

Brian
Bike
2005 ST1300A
Thanks for this post. I've been contemplating trying some of this underwear and the 20% deal clinched it. Cheap enough to try.
The discount at Cycle Gear for the BiLT Heat-Off gear is actually a 50-67% reduction of the listed price. The 20% discount is only for the BiLT Evaporative Cooling Vest.

OP
OP
STripper

STripper

Brian
Bike
2005 ST1300A
A "local" store? Other than somewhere in Oklahoma, where can someone find this local store?

Eagle Leather in both Lakewood and Auburn, WA, sells Hyperkewl hydration packs for $40 every day. For all intents and purposes, it is the same as a Camelbak. I never mount my bike without it.

OP
OP
STripper

STripper

Brian
Bike
2005 ST1300A
Well that clarifies everything. I'm sure that everyone in Oklahoma now knows exactly where that business is located. Thanks!

OP
OP
STripper

STripper

Brian
Bike
2005 ST1300A
Thanks, Fred. You're a little late to the party and probably didn't see the posts in this thread that were deleted by moderators. I've been to both of the Cycle Gear stores that you mentioned.

Top Bottom