Black Covers to Protect On-Bike Mirror Covers?

Bike
2012 PCX150
Somewhere I saw black plastic mirror covers fitted to a Candy Glory Red ST1300 to protect the edges of the painted mirror covers against accidental contact with the garage wall etc. Where can one buy these?

Andrew Shadow

Site Supporter
Bike
2009 ST1300A9
If you are talking about the Honda mirror wind deflectors like the ones in the below picture, they are part of a wind deflector kit sold by Honda. They are no longer available unless you find some left over stock or some used ones.

1613330329470.png

Bike
82 VF750S Sabre
This might be a do it yourself project. If you are not able to find the same thing that you saw, check with an auto parts store and ask about black door edge protectors. It would have a U shaped section that may be lightly longer on once side. You might need to trim the inside at the corners so that it makes a smooth bend, or heat the corner so that the outside stretches as the inside compresses.

Neal

OP
OP
Ralf_CT
Bike
2012 PCX150
If you are not able to find the same thing that you saw, check with an auto parts store and ask about black door edge protectors.
Andrew's pic above shows what I'm after. Another option may be clear protective film on the mirrors, or stick carpeting on the garage wall, although that won't help with the scratches I added last night. :(

Bike
VStrom 650
I didn't mean to laugh but it was funny. There must be more damage caused to motorcycles in garages than when they are being ridden.
Upt'North.

Top Bottom