BMW Brake Recall

scootac

Will Ride for Food
Re: recalled them all

Story says 122,000 bikes, which represents ONE-THIRD of the bikes manufactured during the given time period.

Since when does ONE-THIRD equal ALL?????:confused::confused::confused:

Bike
st1300 '04
STOC #

Story says 122,000 bikes, which represents ONE-THIRD of the bikes manufactured during the given time period.

Since when does ONE-THIRD equal ALL?????:confused::confused::confused:
new math LOL. These are the same bikes recalled 2 years ago for the same problem. As there appears to be no danger to riders the recall is without oversight of KBA German MV Department.

The latest announcement affects the four-cylinder tourer K 1200 GT and the popular Boxer Tourer and Enduro models, including its best-selling R 1200 GS.

source reuters

scootac

Will Ride for Food

If its 1/3 or 1/4 or 2/3 isn't relevant, its a major and possibly dangereous screw up! For a bike that costs over 20K they should have the brakes 100% right!
My point was that the OP titled the thread "Recalled them all". ALL does not equal ONE-THIRD! I'm just asking for accuracy when somebody posts something. Or doesn't that matter any more?:rolleyes:
BTW, have you heard of the secondary master cylinder on Honda ST 1300's?:roll:
And I'd say there's a LOT of things that cost a LOT more than 20K that aren't 100% right.

Bones

Your Humble Scribe
Bike
2014 BMW R1200RT
STOC #

Think it says boxer engine equipped bikes....
"Those involved are the R 1200 GS Adventure model, the R 1200 GS, the R 1200 R, the R 1200 RT, the R 1200 ST and the K 1200 GT."

Bike
2013 Triumph Trophy

If its 1/3 or 1/4 or 2/3 isn't relevant, its a major and possibly dangereous screw up! For a bike that costs over 20K they should have the brakes 100% right!
Just like Honda shouldn't have built a gold wing that suffers frame failure or toyota shouldn't have built a car that can accelerate by itself or ford shouldn't have built a truck with a cruise control that can catch on fire. Right?

Just like Honda shouldn't have built a gold wing that suffers frame failure or toyota shouldn't have built a car that can accelerate by itself or ford shouldn't have built a truck with a cruise control that can catch on fire. Right?
And don't forget that car when rear-ended, caught fire. What was that stupid looking thing, my mom had one. Pacer?

Bike
2007 ST1300abs
STOC #
Ford Pinto, I investigated a few rear end /fire accidents back in my good old days. AMC pacer was stupid looking but didn't have a "phoenix syndrome". LOL

All things mechanical/electrical have the potential to break, No manufacturer is immune, not even Honda. Think of the lessons Toyota and their owners have learned.

Yeah, before we start the BMW hate parade again let us all take a moment to remember my TOP OF THE LINE, WORLD CLASS LUXURY TOURER, my 2001 Goldwing GL1800a. Cracked frame due to poor factory welds, CD changer that spent more time jammed then playing cd's, dash gauge screen that deformed while riding on hot sunny days causing the needles to stick, bad kill switch replaced under recall, defective ECM replaced under TSR, overheat issues forcing one to pull to the shoulder and shut off to let it cool back down, saddlebag latch cables that would stretch and not open the bags, OEM heated grip controllers that failed not once, but twice forcing the purchase of a whole new kit..first time under warranty second time not fixed due to high cost for me.

Man who lives in glass house.......

dduelin

Tune my heart to sing Thy grace
Site Supporter
Bike
GL1800 R1200RT NC700
2024 Miles
STOC #
It might be more relevant to compare recalled models or affected VINs to overall numbers produced. While there are recalls for some of the 300000 to 340000 Honda bikes sold annually the last few years the list of BMW recalls is longer and for a manufacturer that has 1% of the US market (about 12000 to 13000 units annually) a very large number of VIN's are recalled among many different models.

Bike
2007 ST1300abs
STOC #
It might be more relevant to compare recalled models or affected VINs to overall numbers produced. While there are recalls for some of the 300000 to 340000 Honda bikes sold annually the last few years the list of BMW recalls is longer and for a manufacturer that has 1% of the US market (about 12000 to 13000 units annually) a very large number of VIN's are recalled among many different models.
Yes, a very good point.

But, if you don't make a new bike, make some changes, your left with the same old same old.

Bones

Your Humble Scribe
Bike
2014 BMW R1200RT
STOC #
But, if you don't make a new bike, make some changes, your left with the same old same old.
But if you make a new bike and get the details right before you release it, you get new that works. It's not only BMW that has recalls, but BMW seems to have a very high recall rate with respect to total bikes sold. That has soured some of my BMW buddies to the marque. One just bought a Honda!

Top Bottom