BMW Brake Recall

But if you make a new bike and get the details right before you release it, you get new that works. It's not only BMW that has recalls, but BMW seems to have a very high recall rate with respect to total bikes sold. That has soured some of my BMW buddies to the marque. One just bought a Honda!
Did you forget the big recall from Honda and their GL1800? I got rid of mine it cuz the idiots put the radiator fans the wrong direction and I got tired of it overheating. Then they had all the frames that had to be welded all over again, did you call them and ask them why they didn't build it right the first time so they wouldn't have to have a recall?

Honda isn't perfect, neither is BMW, nor is Harley.

Bones

Your Humble Scribe
Bike
2014 BMW R1200RT
STOC #
No, I didn't forget the Gold Wing troubles, but I was responding to your comment from the previous post. Releasing many new products does not give a manufacturer an excuse for having lots of recalls, in my view. No manufacturer is immune, but in the past few years BMW appears to have a high rate of recalls across many models. If you get Motorcycle Consumer News, check the "recalls" section in your back issues and you will find BMW is well represented.

Not every recall is serious (however you define serious) but every recall addresses something a manufacturer didn't get right.

I don't mind recalls, can be a good thing as far as isolating and correcting an issue I didn't know about.
The thing is I just had the brake fluid service done, if only it was a few weeks earlier. Tis my life :)

Top Bottom