BMW Forum(s)

STOC #
I am looking for a good BMW forum (similar to ST-Owners). I am thinking about a new bike, specifically the BMW R1200RT, and would like to see info with regards to the machines. There is a lot of good info here but I think that the info from a more BMW focused four might help.

:slv13:

Cheers,

dduelin

Tune my heart to sing Thy grace
Site Supporter
Bike
GL1800 R1200RT NC700
2024 Miles
STOC #
Join BMWMOA to access some good forums and their excellent Owners News magazine. Also BMW Sport Touring.

Bike
'07 ST 1300 & '91 GW
STOC #
Read other posts here concerning the BMW models especially the R1200RT , dealers, etc. Some of us have had pretty bad experiences. But lotsa luck if you go BMW.

Bug Dr.

Extroverted Loner
Read other posts here concerning the BMW models especially the R1200RT , dealers, etc. Some of us have had pretty bad experiences. But lotsa luck if you go BMW.
Wow! Way to pee in someone's cereal.

Although I don't frequent BMW forums, the BMW sport touring one gets much more traffic than the BMOA forum.

BTW, I have nothing negative to say about my RT. It's everything I wanted in my ST but couldn't get from Ma Honda......and 150 lbs lighter too. Having said that, I will probably be selling it this spring. Don't have time to ride two bikes and my NC will become my "do all" bike. PM me if you're interested in a 2012 model.
Mike

And look at http://www.bmwmoa.com It's the BMW Motyorcycle Owners Assoc site but you can look in without registering or joining.

BTW, I've got a 2011 R1200RT which I bought when I gave up waiting for Ma Honda to make me an all-new ST (see #6 above) No problems. Great bike.

pete

Bike
'13 Yamaha ST
Thanks guys. I registered at the http://www.bmwsporttouring.com/ yesterday and it seems like a friendly place.

:slv13:

Cheers,
That forum is great. The mechanical knowledge of the people there is outstanding. And the willingness to help is pretty much the same as here. BUT, as with most of the BMW sites, most are not keen on talking about other motorcycle brands. Mention that another does better or mention a problem with a different brand, and it gets into a pretty heated thread. Unlike this outstanding (ST1300) forum, which even though we have changed to different bikes/brands, I keep coming back as everyone here helps no matter what brand you have.

Mark

Wow! Way to pee in someone's cereal.

Although I don't frequent BMW forums, the BMW sport touring one gets much more traffic than the BMOA forum.

BTW, I have nothing negative to say about my RT. It's everything I wanted in my ST but couldn't get from Ma Honda......and 150 lbs lighter too. Having said that, I will probably be selling it this spring. Don't have time to ride two bikes and my NC will become my "do all" bike. PM me if you're interested in a 2012 model.
Mike
Ya,one or two in every crowd. Check out I-BMW.com

Top Bottom