bmw

Bike
06 ST
I have owned 2 ST's and looked at the BMW's pretty closely. One issue is the tip over protection the ST offers, not so on BMW. It's not "If" you will drop your bike, it's when, no matter how careful you are. The St's are "Bullet Proof" for reliability, change the lubracants/tires and ride. Plus, the initial purchase and parts cost, much cheaper with the ST. I have owned German cars too..."Garage Queen's" nevah again. "V'd got vays to mak you talk" Dave B. Denver 05 St & 08 concurs

STOC #
It's not "If" you will drop your bike, it's when, no matter how careful you are.
Funny, in all my years of motorcycling (coming up on 10 years full time, day in day out) I have only had that happen three times, my first ride (1995 Honda Pacific Coast) and twice on my first RT (2001 Cylinder Guards did the job just fine)... my last three I haven't had any occurrence on either the 02 RT, 04 ST or current RT.

cali_rider

Metric Bike Renegade
If money wasnt an issue, I would own a K1300GT. However, I am also a BMW lover. I would give up my RT in a heartbeat for a new 1300GT, however; its the only bike I would do that for. Is it pricey? sure. Is it oeverpriced? find me something with a roundel logo that isnt. However, I am one of those type of people that look at what I want in life and then try to figure out how to afford it. I tried the St1300 becasue I thought it could be everything a BMW was but cheaper. However, reality set in after purchase and I wont make that mistake again. I have since stuck to buying what I wanted. For some people, loading a mediocre bike with afterthought farkles is perfectly acceptable. Others expect enginering and integration as if the rider were thought of when the bike was designed. This holds true whether you spend 5k, 10, 15 or 20k dollars on a motorcycle. Unless you can appreciate that, you will never appreciate a BMW. Some speculate that BMW is about nothing more than gadgets but yet will happily lay down money to farkle away with half baked solutions trying copy the very product.

Top Bottom