Bodywork cover when bags are off?

Greetings! Does anyone know of an aftermarket body part available that can be installed when the saddlebags are off the bike? My buddy had a Kawasaki Concourse years ago which came with a part that covered the bag mounting hardware when the bags were off the bike, and I'm hoping to find a similar thing for my 2007 ST1300.

Thanks in advance for any input!

Bike
ST1300A8
Holm from germany

Andrew Shadow

Site Supporter
Bike
2009 ST1300A9
Another advantage of the 1100: they're built in.
They did a good job of covering up the pannier hardware for sure, but not much more. I had two ST1100's. I always found that they looked a little odd without the panniers on. The big opening around the wheel looked out of place. They looked much better with the panniers installed, so I eventually just always left them on.

Diggers1300

Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300
STOC #
They did a good job of covering up the pannier hardware for sure, but not much more. I had two ST1100's. I always found that they looked a little odd without the panniers on. The big opening around the wheel looked out of place. They looked much better with the panniers installed, so I eventually just always left them on.
My opinion on the ST1300. Bike don't look right without the bags.

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
I'm – ok – with how the 1300 looks without the bags but it looks unfinished. If I'd never seen an ST with or without bags I'd probaby still think it looked unfinished. The first set of panels made by I Don't Know Who didn't make the bike look any better to my eye and that "look" cost money. With some more parking room I'd just get another bike that didn't have bags instead of removing the ST's bags.

Top Bottom