Boonesborough KY area

STOC #
Around the mid 80's I was in the Boonesborough area on my 85 Wing. I camped down a steep road to a Hollow that I can't find anymore.
I came up out of it to find some place to eat. Thanks to Google maps I found the place, Hall's on the River. Great place to eat. It was packed but they fit me in as I was alone..People were great there wanting to know why I was so far away from home etc.
Anyways it was only a short ride back to the Campsite from the restaraunt. It was very small maybe 10 or so campsites. Only one other
couple there that day.. Asked about paying and they said it was free.
Anybody have ideas on what this place was/is and where? May go back after covid
thanks

Obo

Bike
'03 ST1300A
Just a guess but Kinner Camground?

Looks like it's about 12 minutes away and in a hollow.

OP
OP
CDNolddude
STOC #
Yeh saw that,but this was very small isolated and hardly any sun reached down there. May not be camping anymore? Think it might need local knowledge to find it.

Bike
2018 GL1800 Airbag
STOC #
Was it right on the river? Same road as Halls? The State Park has a campground but Halls is on the other side of the river from the State Park. Halls will be closed for a while due to flooding. Across the road from Halls was Johnny Allmans. It was washed away in a flood about 25 years ago. That area is subject to severe flooding, so there is a chance it received damage in one of the floods and was not rebuilt. I hope you got to sample the beer cheese that is a specialty of the restaurants in that area. I've never been able to find it anywhere except central KY.

OP
OP
CDNolddude
STOC #
It is possible that was it. It was close to Hall’s There was just a small sign said camping with an arrow pointing down the small steep road.
Thanks

Bike
2018 GL1800 Airbag
STOC #
That whole area has a “roadhouse” vibe to it. It used to be much bigger, but the frequent floods and strict enforcement of DUI laws have trimmed it down quite a bit. My college fraternity always had our big brother little brother bender at Allmans until it was washed away. Then we went to Halls the next year, and they kicked us out! Johnny Allmans was more laid back.

Top Bottom