Boss Says No Long Rides until Neck Issues are Resolved

SupraSabre

48 Years of SoCal Lane Splitting/Commuting-Retired
Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
My Loving Boss (the wife unit) told me that I can't do any long rides (If I have to stay overnight, then it's too far to ride to) until my neck recovers from the issues I've had since July! I did see a doc last Wednesday and he seems pretty positive that he's going to be able to help me. (first one that seems to know what to do, instead of just guessing!) He's a Sports Doc, so I have a little more confidence in him! :clap2:

He's talking about six months for a 75% recovery. Due to my age, I won't get a 100% recovery, but I should feel much better then I have been since the accident! :woo

I'll be starting therapy at the end of November (earliest they can get me in) for four weeks. And other things he wants to do will take the rest of the time! :eek:4:

Bike
st1300 '04
STOC #
Ridin is a sport. It's therapy. Get em to write you a note :)
Seriously, good luck with the rehab.

Bike
2008 ST1300A
STOC #
My Loving Boss (the wife unit) told me that I can't do any long rides (If I have to stay overnight, then it's too far to ride to) until my neck recovers from the issues I've had since July! I did see a doc last Wednesday and he seems pretty positive that he's going to be able to help me. (first one that seems to know what to do, instead of just guessing!) He's a Sports Doc, so I have a little more confidence in him! :clap2:
Maybe time to do some SS1000 and BBG1500. Long trips but no ovrnight stay.

He's talking about six months for a 75% recovery. Due to my age, I won't get a 100% recovery, but I should feel much better then I have been since the accident! :woo
Good luck and take her advice, I had a broken clavicle and couds not sit on my a*** so never really healed as it should.

dteel

Dana Teel
Bike
ST1300ABS
STOC #
Bob, it's a well known fact that the boss is smarter than you are. You'd be well served to just accept your fate and do as she says, after all, you can complain and squirm, but in the end she's going to get her way anyway. Hey, there's a lot of good riding even with just day rides in your neck of the woods.

OP
OP
SupraSabre

SupraSabre

48 Years of SoCal Lane Splitting/Commuting-Retired
Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
Yeah, I know she's right...just :biker: back and forth to work can do me in. :eek::

This new doc has got me on some steriods that just after the first dose my neck was feeling great! Then I had to go in the back yard and fix my sprinklers...the manifold (four station) broke and I had to dig it all up. Even the :rx1: couldn't get rid of all the pain yesterday! :(

Just got to take it easy! :eek::

At least winter is coming, so if I have to lay off a bit, it won't be so bad and maybe by spring I'll be ready for some real :biker: again! I'd really like to go to Idaho next year! :hat1:

Top Bottom