Bought Me An Early Christmas Present

ST1100Y

Site Supporter
Bike
ST1100Y, ST1100R
STOC #
I call those a side cover - lives between the upper and lower fairing on each side.;)
I'd list it as access cover...
But that's the color - Lapis Blue!
Which gives an idea just how old this top-case actually is... ;)
The PB-257M was only used till '95... explains the "cheap style" latches...
Now you'll still need to hunt down P/N 08P60MAJ801, Top Box Backrest Pad...

OP
OP
Uncle Phil

Uncle Phil

Site Supporter
In The Holler West Of Nashville, Tennessee
Bike
4 ST1100(s)
2024 Miles
STOC #
I'd list it as access cover...

Which gives an idea just how old this top-case actually is... ;)
The PB-257M was only used till '95... explains the "cheap style" latches...
Now you'll still need to hunt down P/N 08P60MAJ801, Top Box Backrest Pad...
I've already got one of those .... ;)
I also have the ST1100 'radio pocket' that replaced the left 'flap' cover.
I think I probably have at least one of every 'accessory' that was offered for the ST1100 by Honda somewhere in my stuff. :biggrin:

Bike
2021 RE Meteor 350
That was "Bluesteel".... which met an untimely demise....

Bought with only 6900 miles on it and in showroom condition, literally AS new at nine years old.....

After two years and 20,000 miles I foundered on ice up in the north east of Scotland and ended up down a bank off the road having heard the bike destroy itself in some mechanical gymnastics as it made its way down the embankment, in what must have been close company with myself.
There were no undamaged panels on the bike, never found the screen, one pannier was destroyed, the other badly damaged, the Hondaline topbox was damaged but still attached.

I suffered a fair bit of damage which still causes pain in some parts.... but that was a keeper, until it wasn't.....

The only consolation was that the market value was more than I paid for it so after excess (deductable) I got back what I paid.....

Still miss it though.

They say that any accident you can walk away from is a good one, so this one qualified as a bad one as I couldn't...
Shame on losing such a beautiful machine like that!

On a different note - have you done a review of the NT1100 on here before? If so, I missed it and if not, what's your opinion of it? As smooth as the ST, as good weather protection? Not that we across the pond can get one . . yet . . but hope springs eternal.

Firstpeke

NT1100D
Bike
Honda NT1100
STOC #
I did a brief outline on the thread referring to the "NT11100 is it the new ST?" but have racked up a good few miles this year.

Bike is now on 22,500 miles and whilst nearly 18 months old I have only really ridden for about 12 of those....

Most of my serious miles are IBA rides, although I did a tour down to Spain for the Catalunya MotoGP then went on down to Gibraltar afterward.
After a few days down there I carried out an IBA BBG1500 from Gibraltar area back to Amiens in Northern France, bike performed faultlessly throughout.
No chain adjustment was carried out during the over 4000 miles tour, average MPG was just over 57mpg (imperial) for the whole thing, with a high over 74 and a low in the low 40's when riding at the French 130kmh limit!

Handling is very good and I suppose very Honda given this model has standard USD forks on the front and standard monoshock rear, with no fancy electrickery.

I have replaced the Honda panniers with Hepco Becker frames and have two sets of HB panniers, a set of Gobi adventure style for longer tours and a set of HB Junior for shorter or everydaty use.
This was done after a tipover during the early hours on an IBA ride when the bike decided to take a rest on its own...... badly damaging the left pannier.
The cost of a Honda replacement is around £400 without the trim...... I bought the HB panniers off ebay and the two sets were just over that.... yes I needed to buy mounting frames but the HB panniers allow more flexibility and if another tipover occurs won't self destruct.

A good bike, although not the ST1100, but smooth enough, with more than enough grunt and reasonable economy.

Seat comfort, well Honda's idea of comfort seat and mine clearly differ..... but you can adapt and achieve some level of usability until a RDL is available......

Sorry not trying to hijack the thread......

Top Bottom